• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to move?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like to make light of this because a young man is now dead and two kiddies will grow up knowing that their father met a violent end. There is no way to look at that other than as a tragic waste.

But

1. He was in Croydon

2. He was ouside Lidl.

So what did he expect?

I don't exactly know what Lidl is, but there was one just down the road from where I used to live in London, and I knew that it was best to go nowhere near it.

I also went to Croydon once. You don't make that mistake twice.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I probably know abut 10 people that have been stabbed.
      I don't know you... let's keep it that way.

But if I did & woz standing outside Iidl & I was living in Croydon, basically I'm f$£%$ked.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Man found shot dead in a Merseyside street.

beeb news
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
          I live just around the corner from the latest stabbing. Croydon is basically finished. The borough is teaming with welfare recipients and because asylum seekers are processed there, that is where many make their (free) home. It was voted Britain's 'Chavviest' town and it's easy to see why. I'm living with relatives and will be leaving by the end of the year.

Good library, though!

teeming

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I probably know abut 10 people that have been stabbed. Cousin got done in the side with a dagger that went through his lung and pierced his heart, lucky to survive, another cousin git stabbed in the face with a craft knife twice and when he covered his face he got stabbed 5 times in the hands. Blade entered his eye socket but missed his eye. Totaly unprovoked, someone just decided to jump him and stab him in the face.

The stats for Glasgow show that it is 5 times worse for knife crime that London, it hardly makes the news here.
            Out of interest were these 10 stabbings unprovoked? If it is inter gang violence that is one thing, but robberies or attacks of an unprovoked nature are certainly another.

Comment

30th December 2008: lightng says that, a few years ago, a police officer said something about there being "7 support organisations for thieves in this area but only 1 for the victims of crime."

4th January 2009: Cyberman says "I was reading last week that there are 7 support services for criminals for every one for victims."

31st January 2009: Cyberman states as fact that "There are seven criminal support organisations for every one that supports the victims of crime."

So, Cyberman reads some hearsay factoid published anonymously on an Internet forum, and relating to one specific area of the country a few years ago.

A month later he is stating the same thing as fact, with the implication that it is true for the entire country today.

You may draw your own conclusions about the psychology and intellect of the esteemed member from this breadcrumb trail

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                30th December 2008: lightng says that, a few years ago, a police officer said something about there being "7 support organisations for thieves in this area but only 1 for the victims of crime."

4th January 2009: Cyberman says "I was reading last week that there are 7 support services for criminals for every one for victims."

31st January 2009: Cyberman states as fact that "There are seven criminal support organisations for every one that supports the victims of crime."

So, Cyberman reads some hearsay factoid published anonymously on an Internet forum, and relating to one specific area of the country a few years ago.

A month later he is stating the same thing as fact, with the implication that it is true for the entire country today.

You may draw your own conclusions about the psychology and intellect of the esteemed member from this breadcrumb trail
                Hmmm. Can I just say that it will shortly become law for every contractor to give 10 percent of their earnings to me.

I'll just wait here a few months for the money to start rolling in...

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                  Hmmm. Can I just say that it will shortly become law for every contractor to give 10 percent of their earnings to me.

I'll just wait here a few months for the money to start rolling in...

You should be getting Cyberman's first remittance in about four weeks

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Can I start some rumours please?

Comment

Working...
                    X