• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Democracy in action

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Your posts really are like that of a spotty teenager. I can't believe you're not. If you are an adult, then I suggest you get a mirror and look at yourself. Do try to grow up and join the rest of us adults.
    Oh cry me a river drippy-bollox.
    I bet you could wring your hands before you could walk.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh cry me a river drippy-bollox.

Seriously dude, you need to grow up. You're not clever, just a sad individual.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Racist? Moi? Pah!!!
          If you don't know what term you use is racist especially in the context you used it then look it up.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you don't know what term you use is racist especially in the context you used it then look it up.
            And what the cottage-burning druid-worshipping Taff minority might need to remember also is that a majority of overall Welsh voters chose to LEAVE the EU in last year's referendum.
            People often do this, they confuse nationality or religion with race. This is simple xenophobia at worst but not racism as the Welsh are not a race. Personally though I think this is little more than attempting to be outraged on others behalf. I have no problem with someone calling me a stuck up Brit, I would just laugh it off, but if someone Irish said it as has happened to me in the past would you class that as racist?

For the future a useful term used in South Wales to describe North Walians is gog, short for gogledd (the North).

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
              People often do this, they confuse nationality or religion with race. This is simple xenophobia at worst but not racism as the Welsh are not a race.
              People often do this, they confuse a dictionary definition with the law. Since 1965 in law a racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to "race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins."
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                People often do this, they confuse a dictionary definition with the law. Since 1965 in law a racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to "race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins."
                The Act outlawed discrimination on the "grounds of colour, race, or ethnic or national origins" in public places. I can find no mention of a redefinition of nationality as a racial group, do you have a link to your original source? What race for example would citizens of the USA be? This definition would be absurd.

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/01race/race08.htm

Racism
                Is any action or attitude, conscious or unconscious, that subordinates an individual or group based on skin colour or race. It can be enacted individually or institutionally.

Racial Discrimination
                To treat differently a person or group of people based on their racial origins. Power is a necessary precondition, for it depends on the ability to give or withhold social benefits, facilities, services, opportunities etc., from someone who should be entitled to them, and are denied on the basis of race, colour or national origin.

The law defines racial discrimination, not racism.
                Last edited by excon; 15 July 2017, 13:28.

Comment

The Act outlawed discrimination on the "grounds of colour, race, or ethnic or national origins" in public places. I can find no mention of a redefinition of nationality as a racial group, do you have a link to your original source? What race for example would citizens of the USA be? This definition would be absurd.
                  https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/...ara_policy.pdf

on page 9 they define a Racial group as amongst others:

a group defined by their national origin.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/...ara_policy.pdf

on page 9 they define a Racial group as amongst others:

a group defined by their national origin.
                    Thanks, I stand corrected, I stupidly thought logic might have something to do with framing these laws not decades of left wing dogma.

Comment

For the future a useful term used in South Wales to describe North Walians is gog, short for gogledd (the North).
                      Those in South Wales know North Wales exist?

Could have fooled me.

Comment

Working...
                      X