• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, Who did you vote for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Do you honestly think his lilywhite ass has ever had a good battering from riding on a Fordson Major ?
    Would you mind keeping your sordid fantasies to yourself, eh love? I've only just had lunch...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      The same goes for Labour in my area. The Lib-Dims are practically carpet-bombing the place with their leaflets (it's Saint Vince's old seat and it looks like he's going to win it back) but we haven't had anything from Labour.
      I've been carpet bombed by both Lib Dems and Tories. Had a handful of leaflets with Corbyn on and received a UKIP leaflet after I voted. (I wouldn't vote for the latter 2 anyway.)

Oh and the Lib Dems are expected to win a couple of their old seats back. SNP and Labour are expected to lose seats to the Tories.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        ok Mordy,

allow me to make it easier for you

what ContractorInATractor was meaning was,

"privatization causes a degradation in service"

Milan.

This is indeed the meaning I was inferring. The appropriate balanced route appears to be nationalisation of infrastructure with private a balanced proportion of companies providing an end service, often with a basic national service available. This works in other rich westernised countries and ensures the two sectors are kept competitive.

I haven't seen any plan of full nationalisation of trains/energy/NHS/etc in any of the major party manifestos. With a much diminished NHS, I really can't see any evidence that Virgin Healthcare et al would be efficient at all. All the evidence points to NHS healthcare being fully nationalised being a good thing for our country.

The Tories of the present are not the Tories of the past in policies and rhetoric, although some die-hards still lurk around. The same applies to the current Labour and Lib Dem lot too; hell, even the SNP have changed their personalities and policies from what they were originally.

The main worry for me is that the Tories are trying to present a softer image, whilst simultaneously maintaining their usual borrowing preferences whilst milking the poorer in society of opportunities. And no, I don't believe New Labour of 1997 onwards did those people any favours either.

Comment

that reminds me, working from home tomorrow = I'll be on me tractor cutting me lawn

Milan in "I can't read an I can't rite but I can drive a tratter" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Milan in "I can't read an I can't rite but I can drive a tratter" mode.
            Are you from the IoW?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Labour seems good but then I remember how they completely screw up the country last time... I find it so funny how people forget it so damn easy. Reason Conservatives had to make so many cuts was due to Labour leaving us in such a tulip state.

Also vote Labour if you agree with %26 Corporation Tax... yey for contractors, can't wait for it.

Comment

Would not be sleeping comfortably tonight with a £10k bet on blue...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So, Who did you vote for?

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                  Labour seems good but then I remember how they completely screw up the country last time... I find it so funny how people forget it so damn easy. Reason Conservatives had to make so many cuts was due to Labour leaving us in such a tulip state.

Also vote Labour if you agree with %26 Corporation Tax... yey for contractors, can't wait for it.
                  But do you remember how the current Tories came in saying they would introduce austerity measures and pay off the debt? But they couldn't pay off the debt, just made it worse - even with the austerity measures in place.
                  They've blamed everyone while accepting no responsibility.
                  When the former Home Secretary committed (over a period of 6 years) to reduce immigration, but failed every time, if that Labour's fault, or was the former Home Secretary unable to do their job properly.
                  They then spun it that the reason the HS couldn't do their job was the fault of the EU.

But Rupert Murdoch has them in his pocket, hence Leveson has been conveniently forgotten about, and Paul Dacre is lining himself up for a peerage based on the slant (slander? Lies? Defamation?) that they put on stories to make sure their readership believe the spin.

...is it easy to forget that?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post

Talking of short memories, CT was 28% back in 2010/11. As long as they keep the small business rate we'll be fine.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I voted for the Common Good.

Best of a bad bunch of tw*ts.

As contractors were fecked either way tomorrow. (remembering it was a Labour Gov that brought in IR35 in the first place)

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X