• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with working from home...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    That was the wife
    Ohh. It was said to be the housekeeper on the some of the viral sites I saw this on first... Makes sense.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Ohh. It was said to be the housekeeper on the some of the viral sites I saw this on first... Makes sense.
      Somebody on Twitter has been Deep Googling the chap and confirmed that it's his wife, not a nanny

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Somebody on Twitter has been Deep Googling the chap and confirmed that it's his wife, not a nanny
        That's creepy.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          That's creepy.
          The New Age in which we live is creepy

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            That's hilarious!

I don't do video calls, but while on conference calls, I've certainly been interrupted by loud calls of "DAD !!"

Or the doorbell ringing for a delivery, after which the courier seems to think that almost bashing the door in with repeated loud knocking is needed.

I've heard people in similar situations. Participants who go for a loud gushing pee without going on mute are quite amusing but do cause collective embarassment
            Similar experiences.

I make sure any conferences calls due combines with mum and kinder visiting the supermarket or other outdoor pursuits.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The New Age in which we live is creepy
              The CIA takes creepy to a whole new level.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Similar experiences.

I make sure any conferences calls due combines with mum and kinder visiting the supermarket or other outdoor pursuits.
                You need a bolt on your study door that is high up so the kiddies can't lock themselves in. Then by the time they can reach the bolt you remove it as they will understand not to come in.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You need a bolt on your study door that is high up so the kiddies can't lock themselves in. Then by the time they can reach the bolt you remove it as they will understand not to come in.
                  You'll also find a need for an airlock or double door mechanism to keep our the noise when they can't get in. They just hammer on until it opens!

Door opens,

Dad: What is it?!

Kinder: Nothing.

Dad: @£$@£

Comment

How does the second kid in the walker get such a head start on the mother/nanny?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      How does the second kid in the walker get such a head start on the mother/nanny?
                      The Gardener has been keeping her happy.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X