• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Bregretters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Anyone on here just wish they hadn't voted leave and we wouldn't have this interminable, tedious noise about Brexit polluting just about every media channel 90% of the time?

Oh for the status quo

(maybe that's their gambit )
    Not in a heartbeat. Voted Leave before, and I'd vote Leave twice next time if I could.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I said that months before the referendum had taken place as a result of the Scottish referendum. Even after the Scottish referendum the divide is still there.

The harm David Cameron has done will be long lasting. It'll be years before both sides find a common ground. And it'll not be found by telling people they should suck it up, like May did today. That'll just push people apart if anything else.
      Yeah the losers should keep on moaning and trying to insist they would have won by manipulating the figures, accusing opposition voters of being mentally incompetent or suggesting the winning side lied to the electorate.

It works for any referendum and of course any loser.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Yeah the losers should keep on moaning and trying to insist they would have won by manipulating the figures,
        The world, people, need to be working closer together not further apart.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

“Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.”

“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.”

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            It is dividing friendships, relationships, and families.

I do regret the referendum taking place.

On the basis of division generated, I genuinely would prefer that the whole thing had never happened.

It boils down to the fact that my personal views of being a member/not a member of the EU are outweighed by the division and grievances it is causing upon those I care about.
            WPGS. not
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How does an independent Scotland fit in with this?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Shush....

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  Extra
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    Then don't share your views with those will be upset by them. Me and Mrs K78 voted differently but there is no way we would let that get between us - she hates me for many other things I do. Same with friends, respect each others views and know when to air them and when to keep schtum.
                    Yep, very much a skill, one that I don't always succesfully pull off however
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I'm constantly debating with "remainer" friends but as a trend they tend to be far more impassioned, and are probably more judgemental of me voting leave than I would be of them voting remain

I don't question friendships over political allegiances very surprised to hear that others do/would

Comment

Working...
                      X