• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Super boring "what hatchback" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    /Grammar.

Is English not your first language?
    Hatte?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

R32

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Another little hatchback I absolutely adored, until some pisshead wrote it off (yep, still bitter), was a VW Polo GTI.
        My very first car was a VW Polo. Same model, age, AND colour as this one....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          My very first car was a VW Polo. Same model, age, AND colour as this one....
          I would be even more grumpy if I'd had one of those when I had the accident. How gorgeous is that? Want one!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            /Grammar.

Is English not your first language?
            It is but he's a bit thick
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              I have a Hyundai i30 which I'm happy with. Previous car was a Seat Ibiza which I wouldnt recommend.
              I hadn't considered Hyundai but spotted a local dealer. They seem really attractive on price alone and it's amazing how many features you get as standard or for little extra.

Current contenders are Golf, Fiesta, i30 I think. We need to be able to get a guitar case in the boot which means it's 50:50 whether we go for the Fiesta class or next size up. Modern cars are so much larger than they used to be that a Focus or Auris or Civic is a pretty big car for two people. Unsure if the i20 would suit boot-wise, the i30 looks a lot of car for the money.

So far quite tempted by a Golf as they have adaptive cruise-control which I reckon is far more useful on English roads. All the others we looked at seemed to have the bog standard kind.
              Although Ford have heated front windscreen which from past experience is a real boon.

So bored of looking at cars and speaking to salesmen now
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I hadn't considered Hyundai but spotted a local dealer. They seem really attractive on price alone and it's amazing how many features you get as standard or for little extra.

Current contenders are Golf, Fiesta, i30 I think. We need to be able to get a guitar case in the boot which means it's 50:50 whether we go for the Fiesta class or next size up. Modern cars are so much larger than they used to be that a Focus or Auris or Civic is a pretty big car for two people. Unsure if the i20 would suit boot-wise, the i30 looks a lot of car for the money.

So far quite tempted by a Golf as they have adaptive cruise-control which I reckon is far more useful on English roads. All the others we looked at seemed to have the bog standard kind.
                Although Ford have heated front windscreen which from past experience is a real boon.

So bored of looking at cars and speaking to salesmen now
                If going for the Golf the Seat equivalent is the Leon. that has hefty discounts if buying new via drivethedeal or broadspeed.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  If going for the Golf the Seat equivalent is the Leon. that has hefty discounts if buying new via drivethedeal or broadspeed.
                  Ditto that. Seat's are good cars.

Comment

Ta
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

IIRC, the i30 has the biggest boot space of cars in that size range (Leon, Golf, Focus etc.). I thought the i30 offered the best value for money too - we bought a 1 year old i30, 2013 plate, for approx. £8k from Motorpoint. It was one of the more basic trims, but it has Bluetooth and half-decent speakers and I don't really care about much else. It was an ex-hire car with 11k miles on the clock and in great condition. It also came with the balance remaining of a 5 year warranty and breakdown cover (for the car only, not the driver) so my AA membership is currently on pause. Not sure what warranty deals they come with now.

I've not had a single problem with the car since we had it* - the local dealer picked up some minor issue with a part during its service and it was replaced under warranty and I was given a loan car while it was repaired.

* except some **** who put a scratch and 50p sized dent in the passenger door only a few months after we bought it, so I had to have the panel repaired and resprayed!

Comment

Working...
                      X