• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do we need more Walt Disneys?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should society in a hundred years revive a corpsicle? What's the benefit?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Zombies.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Time immigrants? Build a wall!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Zombies.
          So they are only reviving moderators then.

Comment

Slave labour. No need for minimum wage if they're legally dead.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

This is how the human race will eventually colonise the nearest planets capable of supporting life.

Post the deep frozen bodies on a one way trip, in a craft programmed to enter orbit around the target planet, and by the time the craft arrives the earthlings will have mastered intergalactic space travel for artificial lifeforms (that can survive the trip a lot easier than humans), get there first and with all the know how to revive the 'corpses'.

That, or it's a great scam to fleece mugs of £37k with no intention of doing anything other than making frozen pet mince with the bodies once all living relatives have croaked it or also gone into the freezer.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Because they can. My worry would be that I was one of the early test subjects and they made a mess of reviving me. TBH I would be happy with a robot body with a laser.

Comment

More likely to be defrosted, microwaved and served with Fava beans, looking at the future of humanity.

Comment

£35K you say, Tata Frozen Futures say their doings are far cheaper and guarantee a full happy ending satisfactory result.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      That's the thing - there is no evidence that crygenically stored bodies could be brought back to life even in optimal condition, i.e. if we froze a perfectly healthy human.

Never mind trying to restore someone who died, fact is they had an illness to which they died - there is no cure for death, so you would surely be better being frozen long before the cancer kills you.
                      If they got you in the moment you died before the brain lost all its oxygen?

Anyway there was a documentary about this kind of stuff. It's called Futurama.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X