• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do we need more Walt Disneys?"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    DIY for only $25....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    That's the thing - there is no evidence that crygenically stored bodies could be brought back to life even in optimal condition, i.e. if we froze a perfectly healthy human.

Never mind trying to restore someone who died, fact is they had an illness to which they died - there is no cure for death, so you would surely be better being frozen long before the cancer kills you.
    If they got you in the moment you died before the brain lost all its oxygen?

Anyway there was a documentary about this kind of stuff. It's called Futurama.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    £35K you say, Tata Frozen Futures say their doings are far cheaper and guarantee a full happy ending satisfactory result.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Why should society in a hundred years revive a corpsicle? What's the benefit?
    More likely to be defrosted, microwaved and served with Fava beans, looking at the future of humanity.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Because they can. My worry would be that I was one of the early test subjects and they made a mess of reviving me. TBH I would be happy with a robot body with a laser.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    This is how the human race will eventually colonise the nearest planets capable of supporting life.

Post the deep frozen bodies on a one way trip, in a craft programmed to enter orbit around the target planet, and by the time the craft arrives the earthlings will have mastered intergalactic space travel for artificial lifeforms (that can survive the trip a lot easier than humans), get there first and with all the know how to revive the 'corpses'.

That, or it's a great scam to fleece mugs of £37k with no intention of doing anything other than making frozen pet mince with the bodies once all living relatives have croaked it or also gone into the freezer.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Slave labour. No need for minimum wage if they're legally dead.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Zombies.
    So they are only reviving moderators then.

Leave a comment:

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied
    Time immigrants? Build a wall!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Zombies.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You do not need to do this.

Simply sign up to oPM's Multiverse and Time Travel Emporium

For a small one off fee when you die someone from a different parallel universe will come and revive you from a one of the multiverses that has a cure for your ailment.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Nazi Cartoonists?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
    I like the 'infinite' amount of time for £37k. I'd buy shares in the co that's that confident in its future.
    I can see a future episode of Storage Wars here.

Leave a comment:

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied
    I like the 'infinite' amount of time for £37k. I'd buy shares in the co that's that confident in its future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X