• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    What's stupid about it? The only trolls look like you two who clearly don't know how banking regs work but still seem intent on sharing your thoughts with us.

The article quotes a company that has chosen Frankfurt and may recruit 15 people. Your mate suggested that I thought you might just need a plaque on the wall to get a license and I said pretty much 'yes'.

Are you claiming this bank with 15 staff will not get a license? Or do you accept that 15 is enough? Or is 10 enough? Do you have any clue whatsoever?

At least when NAT takes the pee out of me he is vaguely amusing. You two are just dumb.

Go on, how is it stupid?
    Unfortunatly I do know how regulations work and so do the banks.

Banks want to stay under EU law for up to five years after Brexit | The Independent
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Banks want to stay under EU law for up to five years after Brexit | The Independent
      So what was stupid about my previous post then?

On a different note, you're not a complete waste of space after all. Although there was nothing in there about regulations, it did have a link to this: Farron's own MPs think he is a muppet too.
      Last edited by GB9; 9 December 2016, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Indeed....the UK will be "frog marched" by Nissan, a few other big manufacturers and above all the City into a humiliating "Transitional Deal" that will last many, many years and I very much doubt it will ever be able to leave it.

Peter Hitchens predicted this, the UK will end up half stuck out of the EU.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          So what was stupid about my previous post then?

On a different note, you're not a complete waste of space after all. Although there was nothing in there about regulations, it did have a link to this: Farron's own MPs think he is a muppet too.
          As you asked so nicely:

1) The main thrust of your argument was that lack of skills on the continent would mean the regulator would bend over for us
          2) If the regulator says the operations have to be in the e.u. then they have to be in the e.u.
          3) Lack of staff is not the e.u. problem that’s for the business to resolve (the last link I provided suggests how they want to resolve the issue, stay under ECJ jurisdiction for 5 years)
          4) Frankfurt is not the whole of the e.u. other banks will be in discussion with Paris, Dublin…. 10,000 is the estimate for Frankfurt
          5) You solely focus on job movement not the fact we have lost regulatory influence in our biggest export market for one of our strongest export service. For example, only sell financial products in the e.u. if we have a Robin Hood tax paid direct to the e.u. within the next 5 years?
          6) You seem to think 15 people setting up shop from a Korean Bank in Frankfurt not London is the limit of the damage of Brexit. See point 3.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

You lot are being unreasonable.
            In case passporting is not forthcoming, of course there'll be no effect on the City.
            And we're going to thrive under hard Brexit because we make lots of stuff that people want to buy and have no deficits at all are not overly burdened with Debt.
            Wule Bwitannia!
            Because if it's not the case, I'll thcweam amd thcweam. So there!

Love from GB9 (lobotomised circa 2000).

HTH, BIDI.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Being classed as more intelligent than Paddy is, frankly, not that fantastic an accolade.
              A bit like being deemed less thick than darmstadt.

watch out the Mince man will get you cretin!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Being classed as more intelligent than Paddy is, frankly, not that fantastic an accolade.

Fair point. I wanted to start from a low base.

Comment

I think Brexiters along with Trump supporters are now embarrassed at what they voted for. In the UK a couple of weeks back I could not get anyone to admit that they voted for Brexit although sometimes it was obvious that they had but didn't want to admit it now. I'm now seeing the same here in the USA, no-one wants to admit that they voted Trump. I wonder why?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Typical right wing tactics, nothing interesting to say, lets just insult people. They can't even do that properly: Leave.EU Press Release Attacks Tory MP Anna Soubry's Appearance | The Huffington Post
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      I think Brexiters along with Trump supporters are now embarrassed at what they voted for. In the UK a couple of weeks back I could not get anyone to admit that they voted for Brexit although sometimes it was obvious that they had but didn't want to admit it now. I'm now seeing the same here in the USA, no-one wants to admit that they voted Trump. I wonder why?
                      Maybe because remoaners keep calling them racist xenophobic biggots?

I tell people I voted Brexit. I'm not ashamed of my vote.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X