• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team GB at Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team GB at Olympics

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    They could all run quicker than FLC. He gave up after 3 hours. It would have been 3 minutes if he could run quicker than them.

According to the Internet, he could cover 720 metres in 3 hours.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
      Feck me. And your parents wasted thousands on a private school education. They must be gutted.
      Probably not as half as upset as yours must be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
        And the cojones.

The thought of hurtling down a twisty mountain pass at 70mph with a micrometer of lycra for protection just makes my hands go clammy.
        Ah, now that's the fun bit

It's the getting up there to begin with that I struggle with.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post

The thought of hurtling down a twisty mountain pass at 70mph with a micrometer of lycra for protection just makes my hands go clammy.
          Cool Runnings!

If I lived in a cold country I know what sport I would have been doing.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            The athletics side of Team GB have not done well in terms of medals, but have been unlucky several times.
            Track and field are going to get their lottery funding cut due to under performing.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Track and field are going to get their lottery funding cut due to under performing.
              I assumed if they did badly their funding would be raised?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I assumed if they did badly their funding would be raised?
                Nope.

You reach or beat your medal goals then the sport is eligible for and gets more funding when it applies for it from the National Lottery.

One reason cycling ensures it peaks at the Olympics and does badly in the 18 months before.

Comment

Wow, can't believe Mo managed that.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X