• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU superstate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The main objective of EU is to piss off people like yourself.

They are doing it very well and hopefully it will all be a dim and distant memory in 8 days time...
    FTFY
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What exactly going to be so strong?

If majority indeed votes out then fall EU can do other than make sure other coutries don't follow UK and the pnly way to do it will be to make sure UK loses out big time - they will make an example of UK, couple of lost decades to follow until rejoining referendum under worse conditions than now
      Won't work. Apart from it will be cutting the EU's nose off to spite it's face, it will have dire consequences for the (already tulip) economies of those still left in the EU* as effectively we (net Importer) would be prevented from buying from them.

And of course, the remaining countries are extremely happw with the EU aren't they, and don't want to be next in line for a referendum.

Oh and how will they 'make sure UK loses out bigtime'; there's the rest of the world we can start trading with!
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Multi-millionaire Bob Geldof out on the Thames today mocking British fishermen and their families who have had their lives destroyed by the EU.

Charming.

Comment

Geldof used to be very anti-EU. Blamed them for some of the food shortages in Africa, or something like that. Maybe he's worried he'll be deported if we vote to leave. Bring it on, we have enough home grown musical has-beens as it is, we can afford to lose a few...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            Oh and how will they 'make sure UK loses out bigtime'; there's the rest of the world we can start trading with!
            We? I presume you don't mean here yourself, are you trading with EU and the rest of the world? My firm does - 80% of trade is exports, USA and EU are key areas, say if UK is out of EU then one immediate problem would be dealing with VAT for sales to EU - right now we can collect all monies and pay them to HMRC which would then distribute them to appropriate member states, that's pain as it is, but if we are forced to apply for VAT registration in each EU member state where we trade then we'd be forced to stop selling to a lot of them because it would not be viable - combined take of those small states is considerable though.

Comment

We? I presume you don't mean here yourself, are you trading with EU and the rest of the world? My firm does - 80% of trade is exports, USA and EU are key areas, say if UK is out of EU then one immediate problem would be dealing with VAT for sales to EU - right now we can collect all monies and pay them to HMRC which would then distribute them to appropriate member states, that's pain as it is, but if we are forced to apply for VAT registration in each EU member state where we trade then we'd be forced to stop selling to a lot of them because it would not be viable - combined take of those small states is considerable though.
              FUD

Cross-border VAT - EUROPA - Your Europe - Business

If you buy goods for the purposes of your business from a supplier based outside the EU, you must generally pay VAT at the point of import (and may deduct this in your next VAT return if you make taxed sales).
              Its the customers problem on imports. Though I suspect its possible HMRC could collect and disperse for a fee.

Keep it under £17 each and jobs a good un.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You know Farage sits on the EU committee for fishing and only bothered to go to one out of 43 meetings. Who is mocking who again ?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  FUD

Its the customers problem on imports. Though I suspect its possible HMRC could collect and disperse for a fee.
                  For electronic services it's a problem for supplier who must now charge VAT at the rate of customers location - only VAT registered businesses are exempt if they have valid VAT number, a lot of small businesses don't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                    You know Farage sits on the EU committee for fishing and only bothered to go to one out of 43 meetings. Who is mocking who again ?
                    I suppose he preferred to spend that time at the pub instead, downing a good, Belgian ale. Or two.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      FUD

Cross-border VAT - EUROPA - Your Europe - Business

Keep it under £17 each and jobs a good un.
                      That is only for goods. Some 78.9% of UK business is services. Non-EU sellers of services into the EU must register for, charge, report and pay VAT. Up until a year ago, such non-EU companies could register in just one EU country (usually the UK), receive a VAT id beginning with 'EU' rather than 'GB' and only have to deal with the HMRC. Nowadays such businesses must register with and report VAT in each of the 28 EU member states, in a number of different languages as many of them simply refuse to communicate in any language other than the official language of that country.

Not an issue for Google etc. Big issue for SMEs.

Inside the EU there is a one-stop facility (VAT MOSS) that makes it quite easy. Outside the EU there is no such facility.

Comment

Working...
                      X