• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RT again lol!!

The organ of Soviet style propaganda, most Russian's don't watch/read the Russian version (RT na Russkom) even, appeals only to the gopniki......

What about the bash Shellshock exploit that was going to crash the worlds servers? Or the later glibc one that didn't even get mentioned here...
    Last edited by stek; 9 February 2015, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      RT again lol!!

The organ of Soviet style propaganda, most Russian's don't watch/read the Russian version (RT na Russkom) even, appeals only to the gopniki......

What about the bash Shellshock exploit that was going to crash the worlds servers? Or the later glibc one that didn't even get mentioned here...
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

another one bites the dust..
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Cue the Russian disconnection from SWIFT in 5, 4, 3 ...
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Cue the Russian disconnection from SWIFT in 5, 4, 3 ...
            Already disconnected from the CC system, as we found out when buying some flowers online for Babushka's 89th b'day. She was in the siege of Leningrad...

Comment

MAD

I've always assumed that Mutually Assured Destruction would be sufficient to prevent a superpower-on-superpower war. But you still can't exclude:
              a) Accidental launch
              b) Launch in response to perceived in-coming missile that isn't what it appears
              c) Loony operator/commander

And then there is still the small possibility of an ICBM/bomb being stolen/commandeered and launched by a group of terrorists.

But then again, I am not convinced that one ICBM/bomb due to any of the above would necessarily lead to all-out nuclear war.

Re: places to go - given that NZ has a land mass similar to the UK but less than 1/10th of the population, I am sure that they could take a few million. Of course, surviving a journey to the other side of the world under a nuclear winter/refugee scenario might be another issue!
              Last edited by alphadog; 9 February 2015, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
                I've always assumed that Mutually Assured Destruction would be sufficient to prevent a superpower-on-superpower war. But you still can't exclude:
                a) Accidental launch
                b) Launch in response to perceived in-coming missile that isn't what it appears
                c) Loony operator/commander

And then there is still the small possibility of an ICBM/bomb being stolen/commandeered and launched by a terrorist.

But then again, I am not convinced that one ICBM/bomb due to any of the above would necessarily lead to all-out nuclear war.

Re: places to go - given that NZ has a land mass similar to the UK but less than 1/10th of the population, I am sure that they could take a few million. Of course, surviving a journey to the other side of the world under a nuclear winter/refugee scenario might be another issue!
                I think the BBC drama 'Threads' said it all, bring it on if it means Sheffield gets it.....

Comment

The aliens won't let it happen
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    The aliens won't let it happen
                    Don't believe everything Zeity tells you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Don't believe everything Zeity tells you.
                      I have to believe it or my world will fall apart

Comment

Working...
                      X