• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
    I've always assumed that Mutually Assured Destruction would be sufficient to prevent a superpower-on-superpower war. But you still can't exclude:
    a) Accidental launch
    b) Launch in response to perceived in-coming missile that isn't what it appears
    c) Loony operator/commander
    Dr. Strangelove. Still one of my favourite films.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Dr. Strangelove. Still one of my favourite films.
      Fail Safe, even better......

Comment

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Putin,
        If you think We're on the run.
        We are the boys who will stop your little game,
        We are the boys who will make you think again.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Fantastic video on the media's role in banging the drum toward WW3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5oNxH06yOY
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I remember last time I was in Moscow being accosted by Russian Soldiers off duty, begging for money, the ludicrous amount of draft-dodging, dedovshchina, my would-be-brother-in-law if I was married hiding in cupboards to avoid the call-up....

This is not an army or motivated people.

However, they have nuclear weaps - gulp!

Comment

Stek you choke Ruski pole, and love it. We get it. Now either say something useful or bugger off.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Stek you choke Ruski pole, and love it. We get it. Now either say something useful or bugger off.
                That post to which you refer quite anti-russian if you read it properly, which you didn't.

Anyway, aren't you due for YASF (Yet Another Suity Flounce)?

Comment

No. Not yet. I am too stupid to have any kind of discernible pattern anyways

Obama and Merkel doing a news conference shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Fantastic video on the media's role in banging the drum toward WW3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5oNxH06yOY
                    here's the article
                    http://www.theecologist.org/blogs_an...clear_war.html

Comment

Merkel has a well documented hatred of Putin, and vice versa, she has a fear of dogs, and he always insists on bringing his dogs to any meaning with her, not that relevant, but germane to the issue as a whole..

This quote about Putin's machismo from Angela Merkel is just devastating - Vox

Comment

Working...
                      X