• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The US prepares to 'incapacitate' Kim

I guess "annual exercise" sounds fairly routine, but in the present fraught climate who knows?

I was expecting something Turkey v Netherlands related when I opened this but it's not infeasible that this would happen. Could be Trump's finest or darkest hour, depending on the outcome.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I was expecting something Turkey v Netherlands related when I opened this but it's not infeasible that this would happen. Could be Trump's finest or darkest hour, depending on the outcome.
      That's worrying. The prime minister was just about to announce the UK's first post-Brexit free trade deal with North Korea: tariff free scotch whisky exports in return for tariff free Pyeonghwa cars imports. If that is scuppered, we'll have to revert to free movement of Narnian lion tamers in return for 10% tariff on lamp post exports.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        That's worrying. The prime minister was just about to announce the UK's first post-Brexit free trade deal with North Korea: tariff free scotch whisky exports in return for tariff free Pyeonghwa cars imports. If that is scuppered, we'll have to revert to free movement of Narnian lion tamers in return for 10% tariff on lamp post exports.
        Shame we couldn't avoid Dacia car imports too. Ho hum.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Apparently one of the NOK main export is labor, quite popular in Polish farms, since a lot of the Polish farm workers are in UK and other EU countries. There was an episode of Channel 4 Dispatches about that, very informative.

So it's only logical to take on some NOK farm hands post Brexit, when we ship the EU nationals out.

Comment

Does anyone else think Kim Jun-un isn't stupid enough for a full scale launch?

Comment

Originally posted by hardboiled View Post
              Full scale lunch is more his style.

Comment

He may not be stupid, but despotic leaders often become completely deluded, when all the adulation goes to their head.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Tillerson: Military action against North Korea 'an option' - BBC News

Comment

No. I think he would.

If they believed their grip on the country was about to fall, whether due to external or internal factors, I don't think they'd hesitate to launch and attack.

Seoul is only 30km from the border where the North Korean's are supposed to have thousands of conventional weapons within range.

North Korea is a country of extreme reactions. From the rhetoric denouncing their "enemies" to actions such as torpedoing that South Korean ship a few years ago, kidnapping Japenese citizens from the beach in Japan and murdering that chap in Malaysia ( using the world's most deadly nerve agent .... in a public airport! )

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Bump.
                      We have a president setting out red lines, that if you cross then bam.

What was the red line for North Korea again?

https://www.riskhedge.com/post/north...ching-red-line
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X