• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Test Analysts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Analysts

Any test analysts out there looking for gigs in Halifax ?

Looking for a couple of Business (UAT) testers. Must understand retail banking and QC.

Kick arse mofo types only. No bedwetters, cry babies or persons devoid of personality.

Note to mods - This IS a serious post. No frivolity in the professional forum !!
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

I'm the kick ass mofo type, but the current gig doesn't end till April unfortunately.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      I'm the kick ass mofo type, but the current gig doesn't end till April unfortunately.
      WHS.

I'd love too but I'm too busy kicking bottom down South.

Comment

Thought everyone was meant to be unemployed 'Ooop Norf' ?

Maybe all the unemployed TA's are at Job Club today

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Any test analysts out there looking for gigs in Halifax ?

Looking for a couple of Business (UAT) testers. Must understand retail banking and QC.

Kick arse mofo types only. No bedwetters, cry babies or persons devoid of personality.

Note to mods - This IS a serious post. No frivolity in the professional forum !!
          Best of luck; I'm trying to find one to replace me in Hilversum, NL, but it needs to be someone with a personality and some experience of Agile; not the type that insists on Functional Designs before doing any work.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            not the type that insists on Functional Designs before doing any work.
            Too many of that lot about, the guy who was here before me couldn't function properly without functional designs and specs etc he lasted 3 weeks then jacked it in, how can you call yourself a tester if you can't adapt and think on your feet. Still I've been at a lot of companies that band agile about many of them use it as an excuse to fly by the seat of their pants lol
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Best of luck; I'm trying to find one to replace me in Hilversum, NL, but it needs to be someone with a personality and some experience of Agile; not the type that insists on Functional Designs before doing any work.
              Eight contract TA's walked into a building, only six remain. Another two don't know their ejection is in the post

Never seen so many contract terminations in one team and in such a short space of time before.

Comment

They tried someone with no personality and it didn't work so now it is in them job spec hey
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  Too many of that lot about, the guy who was here before me couldn't function properly without functional designs and specs etc he lasted 3 weeks then jacked it in, how can you call yourself a tester if you can't adapt and think on your feet. Still I've been at a lot of companies that band agile about many of them use it as an excuse to fly by the seat of their pants lol
                  My current client insists the V-Model is used for testing. Which is fair enough, if the rest of the project gets the memo.

The last project spent over 600 days on 'test analysis, design and scripting (over 1000 scripts) before I started on the project. I uncovered almost as many functional defects as the entire system test team simply by creating some data to test the interfaces with other systems.

I got told off because I didn't raised the bug report with a script reference against it.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Eight contract TA's walked into a building, only six remain. Another two don't know their ejection is in the post

Never seen so many contract terminations in one team and in such a short space of time before.

LOL!

Serve them right for using project partners who I jibbed off.

If they asked me very nicely, agreed to me WFH 2 days a week and met my rate expectations, I could be interested again providing they dont make stupid demands about scanned passport pictures
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X