• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Test Analysts

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Test Analysts"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If it's UAT a hammer is definitely in order, especially if the staff at a certain few buildings in Halifax are much the same as they used to be.

I've organised loads of test phases as a PM, I can probably blag the gig if they're happy to get tulip software....
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    If it's UAT a hammer is definitely in order, especially if the staff at a certain few buildings in Halifax are much the same as they used to be.

I've organised loads of test phases as a PM, I can probably blag the gig if the test leader doesn't know....

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    This is UAT mate. The hammers have been outsourced and offshored
    This is contracting, he can bring his own....

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    With my MIGHTY TEST HAMMER!!!
    This is UAT mate. The hammers have been outsourced and offshored

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    The trick is documenting how you're going to break it before you do it
    With my MIGHTY TEST HAMMER!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    So can most school children

http://testobsessed.com/wp-content/u...eatsheetv1.pdf

It'll break most things.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I can break stuff and document it whilst doing so. I am available.

Send me a pass and a contract and I'll be there Monday!
    So can most school children

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

I can break stuff and document it whilst doing so. I am available.

Send me a pass and a contract and I'll be there Monday!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    You sure you cannot get Gentile to apply for this gig ? Sounds perfectly set up for her.
    I think your browser if bust mate or maybe has a plug-in missing.

I said 'Testers'. Not any number of words that would get me banned again if I used them

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I'm in Halifax and I'm looking for a new gig, that being said I'm not actually a tester and I haven't worked in financials for about a decade so my suitability may be a tad off
    But seeing as it's a bank, I don't think you'll need anything so exotic as 'competence' or 'skills'.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied

I want CVs from decent testers, not a fight between, dev, infrastructure and test as to who is the most useless

Please bear in mind, if you get the job, you'll be my bitch. But you'll have a right good laugh and maybe learn something along the way

You sure you cannot get Gentile to apply for this gig ? Sounds perfectly set up for her.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I'm in Halifax and I'm looking for a new gig, that being said I'm not actually a tester and I haven't worked in financials for about a decade so my suitability may be a tad off

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    How do I PM somebody after just joining, there's nothing in FAQ about this.
    We only allow access to the private message system once they have made a few posts. Use the contact form below to send me a message about why you want to be able to use it and I can upgrade your account if required:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/sendmessage.php

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    You've just failed the interview for failing to read the tech-spec

Ask one of the nice mods to unlock your PMs, otherwise, keep posting rubbish in General until your post count allows you to PM.

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    Just joined..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X