+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11

    Contractor Among Contractors

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,476
    Thanks (Given)
    124
    Thanks (Received)
    81
    Likes (Given)
    586
    Likes (Received)
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    I don't think that's true, T2G min sal is around £30k I think, and T2ICT Long term to £41k (T2ICT Short Term is closed) - and no contracting allowed.
    I wasn't being literal. You wouldn't get a contractor working for that though, would you
    I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
    Me on LinkedIn | 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  2. #12

    Double Godlike!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    10,880
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    243
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    1420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I wasn't being literal. You wouldn't get a contractor working for that though, would you
    Understood. I was making the point that T2 isn't the open door for cheap Indians some here like Coolcat seem to think is.

  3. #13

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,813
    Thanks (Given)
    462
    Thanks (Received)
    952
    Likes (Given)
    4021
    Likes (Received)
    2638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    Understood. I was making the point that T2 isn't the open door for cheap Indians some here like Coolcat seem to think is.
    But I wonder how many are working under 'Training' visas.

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,175
    Thanks (Given)
    11
    Thanks (Received)
    48
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Thanks.

    I got Mark Perring's email address (he wasted my time a couple of years ago) His email signature and linkedin profile don't suggest he's the big boss though
    I'm not sure if there is a big boss. It doesn't look like a LTD company and the MRP initials????
    I'd say he's a one-man recruiter with a website.

    He trawls the job boards and bothers people directly whilst hoping they don't twig. Lack of any companies house presence would worry me.
    Why not ask them why the site is still dated 2011, and can you have their company and VAT numbers so you can do due diligence before you'll let them put you forward for a role?

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Trump University
    Posts
    10,888
    Thanks (Given)
    60
    Thanks (Received)
    219
    Likes (Given)
    373
    Likes (Received)
    766

    Default

    Cheap Engineers push your salary/rate up, why ?

    because the sh*t mundane stuff gets done cheap, increasing the profitability of the company and they can pay more tor the really difficult stuff.

    I work in a company that now uses plenty of "cheap" offshore Engineers, and not only do I now earn more than I did before we starting using them. I have an easier life.

    Author of the best seller "How to get Poor quickly"

  6. #16

    Fingers like lightning

    billybiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    564
    Thanks (Given)
    6
    Thanks (Received)
    28
    Likes (Given)
    107
    Likes (Received)
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    This agent who had wasted a lot of my time in the past started calling me on Aug 29th I told him I was not interested and put him on my blocked list. He has tried to call me 35 times in total, several attempts per day, as I can see his calls still appear in my missed calls list. He never ever leaves a voicemail or sends an email. Surely this can be classified as stalking? The agency he works for doesn't seem to be a member of Rec or APSCo.
    Can't even find the agency on company check.
    And people told me I was silly for always changing my phone number

  7. #17

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    26,334
    Thanks (Given)
    1138
    Thanks (Received)
    936
    Likes (Given)
    4265
    Likes (Received)
    3780

    Default

    You are.

    I still get calls from people I met ages ago who are worth speaking to.

    I just block the annoying agencies.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  8. #18

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,061
    Thanks (Given)
    33
    Thanks (Received)
    93
    Likes (Given)
    658
    Likes (Received)
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are.

    I still get calls from people I met ages ago who are worth speaking to.

    I just block the annoying agencies.
    He also moved house and went into witness protection

  9. #19

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    6,174
    Thanks (Given)
    812
    Thanks (Received)
    391
    Likes (Given)
    312
    Likes (Received)
    1745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    This agent who had wasted a lot of my time in the past started calling me on Aug 29th I told him I was not interested and put him on my blocked list. He has tried to call me 35 times in total, several attempts per day, as I can see his calls still appear in my missed calls list. He never ever leaves a voicemail or sends an email. Surely this can be classified as stalking? The agency he works for doesn't seem to be a member of Rec or APSCo.
    Can't even find the agency on company check.
    Tell them that your business model is to steal agency contracts by going direct and then ask them for the client details.

    Then pass their details onto hair gel wholesalers.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  10. #20
    sal
    sal is offline

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    53
    Likes (Given)
    270
    Likes (Received)
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    But I wonder how many are working under 'Training' visas.
    I wonder how much of their salaries is being withheld for company provided amenities etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.