• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anticipated End Date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    You asked what is an "anticipated date" and I answered you, in addition, I don't see any problem with this words. Do you have any problem with English?
    Only your English.
    If having a rolling contract it's a problem for IR35, you should have clarified this in your first post and why.
    Should I really?

Question: Is it better to have a rolling contract bad for IR35 or be on the bench?
    Well get it wrong and get caught you could be sleeping on one.
    I don't understand the IR35 issues but I have seen a lot of them around on here.
    That is very clear so why don't you read up on it, or better still just don't get involved with threads it's being discussed
    What are the scenarios of a contract that are not good for IR35 perspective?
    Read the newbies guides to the right or do a search.

Please don't take other peoples threads off topic like you normally do.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I do. Employees have contracts with no end dates. Not contractors.
      Isn't this just called a service contract?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Isn't this just called a service contract?
        It's the difference between a contract OF service and a contract FOR service. The former is for employees, the latter is for us.

What is the difference between a "contract of service" and a "contract for services"? | Payroll Information from Payroll Help

It makes the comment in there that duration is important as a longer engagement starts looking like one of employments so you've got to be careful. Having a defined endpoint is pretty key to fighting this off. Not having an end date or ignoring it gives a chance for someone to argue it's looking like employment.

There is tons of other stuff to consider but time and end dates is what is being discussed here.

Comment

It's the difference between a contract OF service and a contract FOR service. The former is for employees, the latter is for us.

What is the difference between a "contract of service" and a "contract for services"? | Payroll Information from Payroll Help

It makes the comment in there that duration is important as a longer engagement starts looking like one of employments so you've got to be careful. Having a defined endpoint is pretty key to fighting this off. Not having an end date or ignoring it gives a chance for someone to argue it's looking like employment.

There is tons of other stuff to consider but time and end dates is what is being discussed here.
          It does have a date quoted - FYI. Either way I have put it to IPSE.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonza View Post
            It does have a date quoted - FYI. Either way I have put it to IPSE.
            You should be golden then. IPSE is a good call. Even if it's budget related as Mal it will just mean they will tell you to stop coming in. The contract still runs to the date, you just won't be working so won't be being paid. Effectively the same thing but the contract will expire at the date given whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              I interpret like an expected date, probably because they don't know exactly the end date, not available...

I don't see any issue on this.
              So in your opinion, no notice would be required after the contract anticipated end date as the contract has reached expiry. Therefore if the client wants to extend passed this date, it would be a variation of the terms (and thus require my agreement?)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

Comment

You should be golden then. IPSE is a good call. Even if it's budget related as Mal it will just mean they will tell you to stop coming in. The contract still runs to the date, you just won't be working so won't be being paid. Effectively the same thing but the contract will expire at the date given whatever.
                I want to be golden... IPSE weren't much use. Just asked if "anticipated end date" had been defined. I said no it hadn't. They said terminate 14 days before just to cover myself if I want to end on the date quoted. Cheers for the input.

Comment

I want to be golden... IPSE weren't much use. Just asked if "anticipated end date" had been defined. I said no it hadn't. They said terminate 14 days before just to cover myself if I want to end on the date quoted. Cheers for the input.
                  Actually the question they asked was important.

You must have important terms defined in a contract otherwise neither you are the other party clearly know where you stand.

So while you and I think it means the date the contract ends the agency could mean something different.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

From what you've told us and the woolliness in the contract, I would suggest that IPSE were actually spot on with their answer..

But hey, we've offered opinions. You've apparently ignored the obvious conclusion that you are contracted for a number of days worked so the end date is obviously going to be a variable, but it's your contract, what do you think you should do? In fact, just what are you trying to achieve?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Actually the question they asked was important.

You must have important terms defined in a contract otherwise neither you are the other party clearly know where you stand.

So while you and I think it means the date the contract ends the agency could mean something different.
                      I'm not doubting the importance of the question re the definition. I have learned a very valuable lesson from this.

As for my comment IPSE weren't much use. I think that was a tad harsh on reflection. I should have reworded it as IPSE didn't give me the answer I wanted which is "no of course you don't have to work passed your end date" 🙄

Thanks for your inputs

Comment

Working...
                      X