• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 for a new limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 for a new limited company

Hello all,

I've just opened my new limited company and one of the things they (accountant agency) ask is "a confirmation of your IR35 status".
    Does it apply to me? I read a few articles about it but cannot get my head around it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by Gius View Post
    Hello all,

I've just opened my new limited company and one of the things they (accountant agency) ask is "a confirmation of your IR35 status".
    Does it apply to me? I read a few articles about it but cannot get my head around it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!
    Blimey... Does it apply to me? LOL....

Read the newbie guides to the right, use google etc. I am sure the headline of nearly every article will give you the answer to your question let alone the content.

You really need to research this hard. It's a massive topic right now and is a pretty serious part of contracting.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Are you in, or applying for a Public Sector contract? You might have posted this in the wrong part of the forum.

Comment

Your status under IR35 will determine how you are remunerated by your company and is a key issue for contractors in both the private and the public sector.

This is especially sensitive for those in the public sector, or moving into the public sector and you should absoluteley seek professional advice.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply

Nope, I'm not in the public sector. Does it make any difference?
          I've noticed that's a lot to look into for this topic...I'm pretty confused but it'll pass...I hope

Comment

If you look at the recent consultations... Definitely! Check out the CUK News, as it will tell you all about the recent reforms to Public Sector workers.

You should seek an IR35 expert to review your contract and working conditions as a newbie. They will be able to explain about the main factors, how these apply and then help you to determine the status of the contract.

We're all ears!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply

I've noticed that's a lot to look into for this topic...I'm pretty confused but it'll pass...I hope
              It does and it doesn't. The general details around IR35 are still pertinent but it's all changing in the PS so a hotly debated topic that is going to confuse you further if you aren't in it.

There are plenty of basic guides out there to start with. The link on the right is a good start -->

Look for basic articles using google such as this...

http://www.contractoruk.com/ir35/wha...explained.html

from them start reading the more detailed articles.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 22 February 2017, 11:38.

Comment

Hello all,

Unless you have a contract, it's not possible to answer their question.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  It does and it doesn't. The general details around IR35 are still pertinent but it's all changing in the PS so a hotly debated topic that is going to confuse you further if you aren't in it.

There are plenty of basic guides out there to start with. The link on the right is a good start -->

Look for basic articles using google such as this...

http://www.contractoruk.com/ir35/wha...explained.html

from them start reading the more detailed articles.
                  As usual you missed the best one...
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 22 February 2017, 11:38.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Unless you have a contract, it's not possible to answer their question.
                    Yes I'm in a contract atm

Comment

Working...
                    X