• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internal job ads within existing client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal job ads within existing client

Newbie to all this and looking for an opinion or two...
    I'm 4 months into a 6 month contract at a bank, via a recruiter/consultancy (body shop). It's not overly interesting and I'd leave at the end if I get anything better. I've got a 6 month 'non solicitation of client' clause.
    I've seen a perm role that I like the look of in an unrelated area with the same bank. Obviously I can't cut out my agency. So, should I approach the bank's recruiters using internal email, letting them know the affiliation with the agency. Or ask the agency to try and pitch me for the role, as they'll already have a relationship with the bank.
    My concern is annoying my agency and ruining the chances of an extension if things didn't pan out...

TIA

Originally posted by deeh View Post
    My concern is annoying my agency and ruining the chances of an extension if things didn't pan out...

TIA
    So basically you're saying you want your cake and eat it?

You need to understand if you piss people about ie your agency and maybe different departments at the current client, you might blow your chance of an extension.

Tough this contracting lark, innit?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

You do it on the sly and speak to someone at ClientCo in the know and you *might* come out smelling of roses.

Or, pimp gets wind of it and you end up out on your arse without a gig.

You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya pimp?

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Will they even take on contractors? I heard some clients won't take on ex contractors as perms.. Could be wrong though. Any one else heard the same?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deeh View Post
          Newbie to all this and looking for an opinion or two...
          I'm 4 months into a 6 month contract at a bank, via a recruiter/consultancy (body shop). It's not overly interesting and I'd leave at the end if I get anything better. I've got a 6 month 'non solicitation of client' clause.
          I've seen a perm role that I like the look of in an unrelated area with the same bank. Obviously I can't cut out my agency. So, should I approach the bank's recruiters using internal email, letting them know the affiliation with the agency. Or ask the agency to try and pitch me for the role, as they'll already have a relationship with the bank.

TIA
          Check your contract. Are you opted out of the Conduct Regs?

Speak to your agent, they likely as not already have a process for what you are looking to do in place.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Will they even take on contractors? I heard some clients won't take on ex contractors as perms.. Could be wrong though. Any one else heard the same?
            At my previous client co, the internal job ads were only for existing permies, contractors were not allowed to apply for those roles.

Comment

The internal job board for the client where I work is permie only, as well. And seeing the pay they offer, it can stay that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                The internal job board for the client where I work is permie only, as well. And seeing the pay they offer, it can stay that way.
                I think one thing many people forget is that we now have a two(or more) tier contractor market.

There are those of us who want to be contractors and are paid for our expertise. Then there are those who aren't paid well and would love a permanent job if they can find one..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I think one thing many people forget is that we now have a two(or more) tier contractor market.

There are those of us who want to be contractors and are paid for our expertise. Then there are those who aren't paid well and would love a permanent job if they can find one..
                  and there are those that are NCOTBAC.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    and there are those that are permies.
                    FTFY

No need to sugar coat it
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X