• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit divorce bill (part 94) - I'd like to know...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Why not produce some and then we can judge? As of now your predictable hot-air is getting tiresome.

HTH

Fact: Lies are being spread by people who think Brexit is a great idea, and when they are confronted, they are unable to back up their claims, instead they either change the subject when challenged or ignore the challenges, choosing instead to go to their safe place in the Daily Mail.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Can you please provide a link to evidence that the EU has demanded €100bn.
      This figure is much reported by Brexiters, but never with a source.
      I've only ever seen it from the financial times - and in Euros:

https://www.ft.com/content/cc7eed42-...5-23ef563ecf9a
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post

"It comes after EU Brexit negotiators were left “flabbergasted” on Wednesday after their British counterparts launched a legal deconstruction of the so-called “Brexit bill” yesterday as the Brussels talks headed for an increasingly acrimonious impasse.

The British side spent three hours launching a painstaking, line-by-line rebuttal of the EU’s demands for €100bn divorce settlement to the barely concealed fury of EU negotiators."

Michel Barnier accuses Britain of 'nostalgia' for benefits of EU membership in frosty press conference - Daily Telegraph
        My understanding was that the EU want to agree the formula and then see what the calculation spits out. Seems like a sensible approach, as long as the formula can be worked through line by line by each party.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Brexit divorce bill (part 94) - I'd like to know...

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          My understanding was that the EU want to agree the formula and then see what the calculation spits out. Seems like a sensible approach, as long as the formula can be worked through line by line by each party.
          It's also ironic (or just plain expected) that The Equalizer left out this sentence, which is perhaps poignant:
          "Maybe there is no nostalgia but Brexit means Brexit and leaving the single market means leaving the single market.”

Who might say "Brexit means Brexit"? It wouldn't be the EU negotiator would it?
          Oh, yes, so it was.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            It's becoming obvious with each passing day that a good deal is not the outcome that the government are after.
            If they wanted one they wouldn't send Davies, a man who couldn't run a whelk stall.
            So you Brexshitters will eventually get what you deserve. I hope so anyway.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Brexsh*t Bombshell

Not only will the UK be expected to pay the 100 billion divorce bill, it will have to continue to contribute during the transition.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Not only will the UK be expected to pay the 100 billion divorce bill, it will have to continue to contribute during the transition.
                Makes sense to me. If you decide to leave a hotel, you'll have a bill to settle. If you want to stay on for two extra nights then that will be two more nights' room rate.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Brexsh*t Bombshell

Depends if there is a transitional deal of course. If this was not obvious to the UK negotiating team, then things are very serious. It is only a bombshell to the cretinocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Depends if there is a transitional deal of course. If this was not obvious to the UK negotiating team, then things are very serious. It is only a bombshell to the cretinocracy.
                    Gotta love the way that Bremainers try and come across all knowledgeable about the machinations of the separation deal when they couldn't even predict the referendum result.

As always, it is best to just let them aimlessly bump their gums while the process irrevocably chugs on irrespective of their anguished posturing.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The ex-pats will be pleased to hear that the two parties have agreed to continue the EHIC scheme and that UK citizens have the right to set-up and manage a business in their member state of residence.

Comment

Working...
                      X