• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Time to fight back: Continued

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossman View Post
    I don't know what comments caused the old thread to be closed.
    Presumably some sort of threat to a tax official.
    Pretty pointless I would have thought.
    Tax Inspectors must be used to threats from people much more likely to follow-through.
    They fleeced Nicholas Van Hoogstraten of millions, so they're not going to worry about a
    few white-collar businesspeople saying what they'd like to do to them.
    I can't believe anyone even thinks it's worthy of investigation.
    How does anyone know how likely a threat of having a gun or sending a letter bomb or "knowing where you live" is to be carried out? How can you judge the mentality or intent of a person through a message board? A small minority of people posted some incredibly stupid things on the old thread and this is now being investigated. This thread is not here for the discussion of these events but to continue a sensible, adult discussion on BN66. If you have any questions or concerns please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by nuffsaid View Post
      Sorry to detract slightly, but...
      Why can't I vote in this poll? Do I need to achieve a certain level (of something) before it's unlocked?
      Yes. We moderate new users and give them restricted rights until they reach a set post-count. I have now upgraded your account though as can see you are not a SPAM bot...

Comment

Bernard O'Kelly Leaving Montpelier

Just to confirm that I have left Montpelier. I am now the MD of a company called Boston Tax Limited, the recently established tax arm of Boston Limited, a Corporate Service Provider based here in the Isle of Man. The parting was not acrimonious.

I left to further my career believing better opportunities for me existed elsewhere.

For what it is worth, I am happy with the Montpelier tax planning that was in place up to when I left a few weeks ago.

Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard View Post
          For what it is worth, I am happy with the Montpelier tax planning that was in place up to when I left a few weeks ago.
          Bernard
          Hi Bernard,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Given your experience in these matters, how long realistically do you think we will have to wait for a definitive decision as to if we will have to pay the tax?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            How does anyone know how likely a threat of having a gun or sending a letter bomb or "knowing where you live" is to be carried out? How can you judge the mentality or intent of a person through a message board? A small minority of people posted some incredibly stupid things on the old thread and this is now being investigated. This thread is not here for the discussion of these events but to continue a sensible, adult discussion on BN66. If you have any questions or concerns please PM me.
            It surprised me it went on as long as it did frankly.

Comment

I know this is quite an emotionally charged battle but I have to agree with admin that some things that were said are highly dangerous...

Comment

Does this mean that those individuals have been banned/blocked?

Although originally their posts were informative and helpful towards the end they bordered deranged, deluded and childish and was not helping the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
                  Does this mean that those individuals have been banned/blocked?

Although originally their posts were informative and helpful towards the end they bordered deranged, deluded and childish and was not helping the cause.
                  No!
                  For some time now, admin has been monitoring, deleting or editing these posts, and also censuring and warning the relevant posters.
                  Closure of the original BN66 thread is simply the final step, and a line drawn in the sand.
                  Crossing it would be inadvisable
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard View Post
                    Just to confirm that I have left Montpelier. I am now the MD of a company called Boston Tax Limited, the recently established tax arm of Boston Limited, a Corporate Service Provider based here in the Isle of Man. The parting was not acrimonious.

I left to further my career believing better opportunities for me existed elsewhere.

Bernard
                    In case you are reading this - I wish you all best.

Do you have a website yet?

Comment

If the police are involved then I recommend anyone who thinks they may be affected to backup their personal data. keep it somewhere away from your home. Anything you have posted can be obtained from CUK/ISP - but in the unlikely event the police decide to seize your pc its not worth losing your personal stuff. Luckily for me this is something which has become a way of life.

Personally I dont see how we can have a "sensible, adult discussion" on BN66 on an open forum. If we are honest then our comments can be read by anyone - who fancies telling HMRC what we are thinking.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for ways round this? Anyone fancy setting up an invite only forum(as they have done on the loans thread)?

Comment

Working...
                      X