• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasonable turnaround time for year end accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD do have a four week guarantee, once all info is received they will have draft accounts over to you, if not you are entitled to a refund on your month's fee.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 August 2021, 10:21.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Still haven't got them. If there was ever a moment where I thought I'd go back to SJD that's well and truly done now. 14 weeks since I sent the docs.
      Hopefully you now have received your accounts, do they not provide a reason for the delay or at least keep you updated. 14 weeks is a long period. When I worked in the past for a much larger firm, I had to prepare consolidated accounts for a group audited company within 3 weeks to meet auditors deadlines so a stand alone set of accounts can be done much quicker. If not, it may be workload that they are struggling.

Comment

Hmmm... They had all my numbers in early January. final accounts were filed at CoHo in early April and I still don't have the hard copies.

Any wonder I use a different accountant now?
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 August 2021, 10:21.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Have they not send you the final accounts to sign before submission? You should have received the accounts at least via email before submission, not many accountants will send hard copies as all is done electronically.

Comment

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
            Have they not send you the final accounts to sign before submission? You should have received the accounts at least via email before submission, not many accountants will send hard copies as all is done electronically.
            I agreed the draft accounts via email (and had them cross-checked by the new guys) and had some corrections made (such as a CT refund and reminding them Mrs Volio is not a director of MyCo...) so the final numbers were confirmed prior to submission. It's just that for the last umpteen years I've had a nice folder with the full accounts in the post and this year nothing, not even a soft copy.

However I doubt I'll need details beyond that files at CoHo, and after three changes of accountant in as many months, the local-ish office being closed, a suggested salary that took no notice of MyCo's current setup and projected earnings and having to keep reminding them to do stuff, I had rather lost interest in their services, hence the move away. Shame really, they used to be really good, now they are just another corporate generalised service provider.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              you need to look into business savings accounts
              Fair point. I've largely been emptying the account of available dividends (after pension contribution) each quarter (my personal circumstances are such that I don't need top retain a warchest of any note in the company) so I've not had that much dosh sloshing around in the company account. I haven't made the effort to find a business savings account as a result, but I guess I have just presumed that I won't get much more than 05. to 1% on amounts under £50k - is that a reasonable assumption?

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                Fair point. I've largely been emptying the account of available dividends (after pension contribution) each quarter (my personal circumstances are such that I don't need top retain a warchest of any note in the company) so I've not had that much dosh sloshing around in the company account. I haven't made the effort to find a business savings account as a result, but I guess I have just presumed that I won't get much more than 05. to 1% on amounts under £50k - is that a reasonable assumption?
                you can get somewhere in between 0.5% and 1%, which is more than HMRCs 0.5%

Comment

Whoop, finally had them late last week. Had to send a snotty e-mail - e-mail wasn't acknowledged, but got the drafts through shortly after.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    Whoop, finally had them late last week. Had to send a snotty e-mail - e-mail wasn't acknowledged, but got the drafts through shortly after.
                    Hope you've gone through them with a fine toothed comb!!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X