• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aldermore Easy Access - drops from 1.10% to 0.85% from September

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I know that Saving Stream allows company accounts; ergo the money is still in the company. Putting the money in houses via a SPV is probably not a bad idea either tho.
    Blimey, didn't know investing company money was legit!
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Well Aldermore's notoriously slow website isn't letting me in this morning... wonder if they've caused a run on the bank?
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Cambridge and counties have just reduced their rates too.
        Just got the email. Down 0.25% to 1.5% from 9th Dec for the 95 day access account.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          Blimey, didn't know investing company money was legit!
          Don't know if being sarcastic or not, but to the best of my knowledge, so long as you're not investing on behalf of someone else... yes.

Comment

Zopa and Ratesetter both allow company accounts. They are probably two of the less risky P2P firms (although rates are lower as a result).

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
              Zopa and Ratesetter both allow company accounts. They are probably two of the less risky P2P firms (although rates are lower as a result).
              Linky for zopa is here
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I use ratesetter as a way of making part of my war chest work for me.

Comment

The thing is, investing company money into a company Ratesetter/Zopa account means that you pay CT on the interest earned, and then when you take the money out of the company for yourself you'll pay more tax that way. Potentially at a higher rate than today.

So it may only be efficient if you put any such interest straight into a your personal pension, or if you pull the money out of the business now and put it into a personal interest bearing account, taking advantage of the tax exemption on personal savings interest.

Just a thought...
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    The thing is, investing company money into a company Ratesetter/Zopa account means that you pay CT on the interest earned, and then when you take the money out of the company for yourself you'll pay more tax that way. Potentially at a higher rate than today.

So it may only be efficient if you put any such interest straight into a your personal pension, or if you pull the money out of the business now and put it into a personal interest bearing account, taking advantage of the tax exemption on personal savings interest.

Just a thought...
                    That then comes down to the different approaches people use. Personally I currently withdraw as much as I can from the company (thanks to a non-working wife) others cannot withdraw it so cheaply... As such it may make sense for the money to remain in the company up to the point the company is sold and entrepreneurs relief is claimed for.

Hence once you hit the £45k level (excluding pension payments) unless you really need ready cash for many people it makes sense to keep the money in the company...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

Just a thought...
                      The main use of Aldermore Easy Access was to get some interests on YourCo money that are not intended for you. VAT until the quarter end and CT until it's due being the prime examples.

Comment

Working...
                      X