• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming to end of first 6 months contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I can agree to all this. The limiting factor in this discrete investigation is the OP who doesn't understand who controls the rate he is being paid.
    discreet
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Ohhh, liking the linky as well as the correction. I expect the same in all your posts from now on.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I can agree to all this. The limiting factor in this discrete investigation is the OP who doesn't understand who controls the rate he is being paid.
        No, I totally understand who's paying me, however, I am posting in the Welcome / FAQs forum hence needing advice on the process!

I have a good relationship with the client and I've had some very positive feedback from many people within the organisation too so I believed I'm valued. So much so that they want to have discussions with me about going perm. I believe I could have a discreet conversation with them.

I took a low rate as it was my first contract and wanted to get my feet under the contracting table.

Appreciate all the advice. I'll look through my contract and take all of it on board.

Comment

Originally posted by jtotheb View Post
          No, I totally understand who's paying me, however, I am posting in the Welcome / FAQs forum hence needing advice on the process!

I have a good relationship with the client and I've had some very positive feedback from many people within the organisation too so I believed I'm valued. So much so that they want to have discussions with me about going perm. I believe I could have a discreet conversation with them.

I took a low rate as it was my first contract and wanted to get my feet under the contracting table.

Appreciate all the advice. I'll look through my contract and take all of it on board.
          If they see you as perm, how confident are you of your IR35 position?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X