• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum newbiej

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum newbiej

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

I'm an IT/Finance contractor based in London been in the game for 4 years now.

GOT

Welcome and the delete key is the big one at the top right of keyboard just above enter.. HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Welcome and the delete key is the big one at the top right of keyboard just above enter.. HTH
      You mean the backspace key is above the return key?
      Last edited by deanosity; 25 June 2013, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by deanosity View Post
        You mean the backspace key is above the return key?
        Dunno, mine has a big X on it and deletes letters so where I come from it's a delete key. They ought to name stuff after what it actually does rather than come up with fancy mumbo jumbo. I just want to go out and ask for a pint of talk bollocks, a pack of death and a pound for the how thick am I quiz machine.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 25 June 2013, 13:15.

Comment

Not on my keyboard it isn't. It says "Backspace" on it and deletes backwards. The delete key is labelled "Delete", and performs a different function.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Not on my keyboard it isn't. It says "Backspace" on it and deletes backwards. The delete key is labelled "Delete", and performs a different function.
            Absolutely. There was an obscure bug in Ingres OpenRoad in around 1995 where, if you highlighted text in a field and pressed backspace, everything was dandy, if you pressed delete, it looked like everything was dandy but didn't delete the value.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              You got a tulipty keyboard then...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...minum-2007.jpg

Darn no images in here...

Comment

You got a tulipty keyboard then...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...minum-2007.jpg

Darn no images in here...
                Using Apple as an example of the majority of keyboards isn't really a suitable model.

For the record, my keyboard is made by Microsoft. The same functionality is on two Toshiba laptops I have here and one Lenovo.

So it must be you.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X