• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening

Evening All,

Just saying Hi really. I've just moved to the Peak District from London and am moving from permiedom to contracting at the same time.

Looks like I've got my first contract sorted (offer received, but no contract signed yet), ltd company is set up, accountant found, just getting my head around the details of Opt Out and IR35.

The forum stickies and FAQs seems like a great resource to a newbie.

Cheers,

Rich

Originally posted by RiCu View Post
    Evening All,

Just saying Hi really. I've just moved to the Peak District from London and am moving from permiedom to contracting at the same time.
    Welcome!

Looks like I've got my first contract sorted (offer received, but no contract signed yet), ltd company is set up, accountant found, just getting my head around the details of Opt Out and IR35.
    Erm, I am afraid you haven't. You don't have a contract until you are sitting at the clients desk. We have many stories of contracts being pulled before they appear, even after they have been signed and in a couple of cases where the contractor was standing in the client reception on the first day. Do not consider yourself on a contract until you have started working. Certainly do not stop looking just because you have an offer. Many people make that mistake and end up high and dry when it get's pulled.

The forum stickies and FAQs seems like a great resource to a newbie.
    They are, and even more useful is the search function which is covered in the thread below. Everything you can possibly think of and a ton of stuff you haven't thought of yet can be found.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

If you plan on working in the London from now on remember the 24 month rule will kick in when you know you will be there more than 2 years. Bit soon to mention it but bear it in mind so you can plan your finances and don't get shafted with accommodation expenses you expected to tax relief on forever. Also if you are aware you can negotiate a rate to cover the loss at the correct renewal time.

Get yourself a good accountant if you haven't already...

Apart from that, get stuck in
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X