• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to the site, New to freelance - have not got a clue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It's all part of the rich charm of CUK.

That and bleeding radiators...
    Ah right,

is that Bleeding radiators as in "these bleeding radiators are doin' me ed' in" or getting all the air out of them, causing you to get water up the wall, on the carpet and the missus to shout at you, as you turned the bleed bolt/nipple too far.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyTurnip View Post
      Ah right,

is that Bleeding radiators as in "these bleeding radiators are doin' me ed' in" or getting all the air out of them, causing you to get water up the wall, on the carpet and the missus to shout at you, as you turned the bleed bolt/nipple too far.
      This....
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        ah, a bit of both in the end. but didn't you say to stay our of "general"? are you trying the "DON'T TOUCH THE RED BUTTON" psychology?

Comment

ah, a bit of both in the end. but didn't you say to stay our of "general"? are you trying the "DON'T TOUCH THE RED BUTTON" psychology?
          Here is a fairly light hearted bit of banter between two of our most regular posters

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...n-sasguru.html

Couldn't be bothered to find the reams of them between other posters that are not quite as light hearted. A quick look at the who's been banned and why sticky also gives a bit of an idea what goes on.

The first one always makes me laugh

MF - starting a thread implying OldHack is an animal lover. Suspected temporary suicide - 30.11.2012 - 7 days
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            The most important thing before starting on your own.. Do you like gladiators?
            NorthernladUK Comment generator

Comment

I think as you survived the NLUK/faqqer grilling you've been accepted as one of the fold. Get your ass over there and go insult someone!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I think as you survived the NLUK/faqqer grilling you've been accepted as one of the fold. Get your ass over there and go insult someone!
                Hang, we haven't done the Chutney spoon yet so he is still wet behind the ears.

These newbies don't know how good they have it now HAB is not around
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X