• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello from Yorkshire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Yorkshire

Dear all,

Thanks to this wonderful forum, I found some fantastic posts and very useful information.

A little about myself:
    I have nine years of experience in SAP ABAP and I was lucky to work on most technical areas of SAP. Of those nine years, I worked as a consultant for five years (Oil and Gas, Automotive, FMCG) and I have been working for a utility company for the last four years.
    I've thought of working for myself for sometime now and I had been a silent follower of the Contractor UK since August 2012, trying to understand the rules of the game. I am on a two week notice (one month notice, but I can take two weeks off) at the moment, though I am willing to resign my current position if I cannot get a contract in the next three months.
    I plan to spend a few more weeks reading through some informative threads on the forums and probably try not to ask questions that have already been answered!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by SAPABAPLeeds View Post
    Dear all,

Thanks to this wonderful forum, I found some fantastic posts and very useful information.

A little about myself:
    I have nine years of experience in SAP ABAP and I was lucky to work on most technical areas of SAP. Of those nine years, I worked as a consultant for five years (Oil and Gas, Automotive, FMCG) and I have been working for a utility company for the last four years.
    I've thought of working for myself for sometime now and I had been a silent follower of the Contractor UK since August 2012, trying to understand the rules of the game. I am on a two week notice (one month notice, but I can take two weeks off) at the moment, though I am willing to resign my current position if I cannot get a contract in the next three months.
    I plan to spend a few more weeks reading through some informative threads on the forums and probably try not to ask questions that have already been answered!!

Thanks!
    Bloody Northerners, coming here and stealing our jobs!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      That cracked me up !!!! Ey up Simon!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        You are not permie, you are a business, starting acting like one - (OP - ongoing line - NLUK spiel and all that)

Comment

Welcome to the wide world of contracting. There are quite a few contractors based in the Leeds area

Comment

Welcome on-board and enjoy the site.

Good luck!
            one day at a time

Comment

Thanks BA to the stars and Oscarose.

Comment

Welcome. I'm also a SAP ABAP, originally from Barnsley. Now further south than most of the motley crew here.

I should say that there is no work for ABAP developers in the contract world. (Because I don't want the competitiion...).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Welcome. I'm also a SAP ABAP, originally from Barnsley. Now further south than most of the motley crew here.

I should say that there is no work for ABAP developers in the contract world. (Because I don't want the competitiion...).
                  Aah Barnsley, love their accent !!

Comment

Working...
                  X