• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client's preferred Vendor (umbrella)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client's preferred Vendor (umbrella)

I was wondering what people's experience when the client has a preferred vendor list.

I am aware that some agencies insists on it, and often can be overcome, but this contract is direct with the client. It is a client I have never worked with before but they contacted me and offered a very generous contract.

Do I insist with the client to use my own umbrella company? Or use theirs as I don't want to risk the contract? (Rhetorical question, I know)

A further complication in my case is that this is with a rather large American company and their vendors seem US based so not sure how they will handle UK tax laws etc.

Would a possible solution be that I use my UK umbrella company via their US vendor? Have people done something similar before? To me that would seem close to a normal me-umbrella-agency-client arrangement except I know the rate

I would give the name of your umbrella company to the client and ask them if they would be happy to deal with them - you don't know if you don't ask
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
    X