• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol - Employment Costs - extra charges??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    I'd be amazed if any legit brolly was able to offer you a better return. Both Parasol and Giant fit that category.
    With Giant there's no additional 'Employment costs', only their margin.

Comment

Parasol Employment Costs

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Sweet, me too
      Hi Spartan

I like you fell for the old Parasol B/S and have been ripped off it seems... Having contacted them I was amazed to find out the full extent of their tactics. They refuse to provide original voice recordings of my original call describing the their breakdown. After raising a complaint and grievance, they then added a contract to my profile without knowledge or consent, saying I accepted it. However, I took a screen shoot of my profile with them, when it did not contain a contract. Can you tell me if you managed to recover the employment costs from them and did you have to take them to court in order for them to pay? did they refuse to pay your wages as a result of you requesting a refund?

Thank you for sharing your insight on this company

thanks
      thiswasmethen
      Last edited by cojak; 8 August 2015, 07:40. Reason: Removed emotive language

Comment

hmmm

Good thing I found this thread about Parasol.
        That's them off my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
          I'd be amazed if any legit brolly was able to offer you a better return. Both Parasol and Giant fit that category.
          A legit brolly can offer no better return than any other - only difference in take home pay between 2 brollies should be down to their margin and nothing else.
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            A legit brolly can offer no better return than any other - only difference in take home pay between 2 brollies should be down to their margin and nothing else.
            Muddying the waters: surely it is theoretically possible that different umbrellas could be using scale rates for expenses and have a legitimately agreed higher scale rate than another.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
              Muddying the waters: surely it is theoretically possible that different umbrellas could be using scale rates for expenses and have a legitimately agreed higher scale rate than another.
              Scale rates are only permitted for subsistence expenses and the rules are pretty clear - breakfast and dinner are only allowable in exceptional circumstances unless the contractor is staying away from home and staying in hotel so any difference really would be negligible
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Also worth noting that if you are in rented or a b&b with access to cooking facilities the breakfast and dinner may not be allowable either!

Comment

Update 5 years on

I left Parasol shortly after starting this thread back in 2012.

I decided to go the limited company route instead of going with another umbrella co. I've used InTouch since for my accounting and have had a good experience. I would recommend them if asked.

Comment

Working...
                  X