• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshore Umbrella Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prozak View Post
    You all have the same offerings. It's not that innovative. In fact they are all so similar I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you all work in the same office. So I do.

Unless you are guaranteeing through an insurance policy that you will cover all HMRC investigations and extra payments then I don't see your value add. 7% should be more than enough of a cut. You don't need to attract many 500 a day contractors to start making big money.

I am definitely in the wrong business.
    Yes but you can also sleep at night
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      Yes but you can also sleep at night
      Can't speak for Geoff but I sleep like a baby. Yes we do well out of arrangements, but so do our contractors, it's what you call a "win win" situation. EBTs were shut down, but in doing so HMRC have pretty well given their opinion that they complied with legislation, so the people who we have dealt with for 6 or 7 years can sleep soundly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
        Can't speak for Geoff but I sleep like a baby. Yes we do well out of arrangements, but so do our contractors, it's what you call a "win win" situation. EBTs were shut down, but in doing so HMRC have pretty well given their opinion that they complied with legislation, so the people who we have dealt with for 6 or 7 years can sleep soundly as well.
        WVS

My clients know the risks and the rewards, they are also, unlike some are capable of examining all the evidence and making an informed decision. I don't know why some people find it so hard to accept this ?
        Just because some people can't get their heads around it why assume that others can't ?

P.S. I would imagine everyone who is up by using an EBT, in some cases by 150K sleep very well too, probably in a much nicer bed though

Comment

Umbrella company?

Hi
          What umbrella company do you use?.. read your comments re the off shore and agree

Thanks

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Let#s be very clear here. Your "loans" are probably entirely legal, and they may not be seen as disposable income and so immune from being taxed. I disagree on that latter point, as do HMRC.

I can't do anything more than warn newbies that they are perhaps not a good idea to join from new and HMRC are still trying to work out how to kill them off, taking a whole heap of other genuinely useful things with them no doubt.

So all you like, being a creaky old git I get an entirely legal and perfectly unchallengeable 82% out of my gross these days. More to the point I'm not selling solutions and you are.

I leave it to others to decide which is the unbiased advice.

Comment

Originally posted by edels View Post
            Hi
            What umbrella company do you use?.. read your comments re the off shore and agree

Thanks
            Malvolio doesn't use an umbrella company edels

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              Malvolio doesn't use an umbrella company edels
              Nope. Bog standard UK Limited, careful monitoring of income over expenditure and sensible pension planning.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Nope. Bog standard UK Limited, careful monitoring of income over expenditure and sensible pension planning.
                Yes, yes, yes. Now off you go

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X