• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paystream and NEST

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paystream and NEST

Currently working via umbrella with Paystream and they have auto-enrolled me into the NEST pension scheme.
    I'm inclined to opt out and instead continue making employer SIPP contribution to II given their better fees and flexibility.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but as all pension contributions are ultimately borne by me from my day rate I don't see any advantage of keeping NEST too?

Hi czarcasm,

It's completely personal preference. Paystream had the legal requirement to autoenrol you, but you are free to opt out or ask them to pay into another fund (if they can accommodate that).

Thanks

Zeeshan
    Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by czarcasm View Post
      Currently working via umbrella with Paystream and they have auto-enrolled me into the NEST pension scheme.
      I'm inclined to opt out and instead continue making employer SIPP contribution to II given their better fees and flexibility.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but as all pension contributions are ultimately borne by me from my day rate I don't see any advantage of keeping NEST too?
      They've met their legal obligation. They are your employer so you need to go speak to you HR and see what they are willing to do for you. I believe Paystream let you pay in to your own but how do they know you've got one unless you speak to them?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm with Paystream and they auto-enrolled me for the 2nd time (they have to do it every 3 years). It isn't worth going through NEST as I have my own SIPP that Paystream make payments directly into. This is far more tax efficient. I just contacted NEST via there website and un-enrolled myself. Paystream then refunded the contributions they had made.

You need to contact NEST and cancel your enrolment. This needs to be done within 4 weeks of your enrolment or else your NEST contributions don't get refunded by Paystream - you will have to take it up with NEST.
        Last edited by Acme Thunderer; 29 October 2022, 16:45.

Comment

Working...
        X