• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edward Thomas Contractors Ltd - Avoid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edward Thomas Contractors Ltd - Avoid

Avoid this company at all costs. I spent almost 2 years chasing them for over £10,000 of invoices which had been submitted to them but not paid to myself. Initially they refused to believe there were any outstanding invoices and it was only after resubmitting my bank statements numerous times and emails over more than 6 months did they even acknowledge that there were outstanding invoices.

However, they did not know if the invoices had been submitted to the companies I had worked for and whether or not they had received the funds, so refused to pay me. Only after threatening to take them to court did I finally receive my money.

To top things off, I then had to chase them for pension contributions for these invoices that I had not received, and my P45 did not arrive as promised which I also had to follow up.

Awful customer service (some emails going unanswered for over 6 weeks despite me chasing them up). Having seen other reviews, it would seem my experience is not unique. Would definitely not recommend this company.

Edward Thomas Contractors Limited (Part of the BE11A JS Suite of Companies)
    I'd never go with a company that uses numbers instead of letters or text spk in their names. Dunno why but I just hate it. Phones4U particularly irk me.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X