• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended Umbrella for a 12 month contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ap12 View Post
    Hi All, Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I couldn't see a thread on it.
    I've just got a new job through an agency and I've been told to use an umbrella company to get the best rate possible.
    I've been looking at nasa, orange genie, exact payroll, brookson, giant and danbro but when I read the reviews online a lot of people had terrible experiences with most of these, could any confirm if this is true with these or have any better recommendations? I should be mainly on-site and I don't think I will have many (if any) expenses to claim.

anythings appreciated cheers!
    I wouldn't use Orange Genie even at a discounted rate in the future until they can prove they've improved their level of service significantly! I'd personally only use Parasol or PayStream in future contracts. Orange Genie can't get anything right and they rubbish with at paying people what they are owed...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You haven't got a new job, you've got a new contract. It's important to understand this properly.
      "Best rate possible" is also highly suspect advice. They should all pay you the same, bar small differences in their fee. Any outliers are either stupidly expensive or positively illegal.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Currently using Exact, have for the last year no issues, would continue with them, as hassle in changing. Very good price, very good service etc but agency for new role don't have them on the PSL, so I have to choose another.

Comment

Originally posted by Appydaze View Post
          Currently using Exact, have for the last year no issues, would continue with them, as hassle in changing. Very good price, very good service etc but agency for new role don't have them on the PSL, so I have to choose another.
          Great if you are having a good experience, but Exact buy fake reviews on Google and I'd be cautious of any company using such "business practices"

Comment

Working...
          X