• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, I complained to the FCSA...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I worked with Chris over the years. Unlike the FCSA he does not like service providers who don't do what they say. Hopefully he will be banging a few heads together across the industry. Between him and a couple of others working on a similar agenda you may see a general improvement in the umbrella market/agency world.
    I'll believe the FCSA is of some value when Workwell are kicked out for intentionally stealing accrued holiday pay now there is actual evidence. Holiday pay only accrued because JSA / Workwell refused to offer Advanced holiday pay.

The problem the FCSA has is that that is perfectly legal under the FCSA's code of conduct but utterly illegal under employment law - given the more recent Pimlico case. And there has already been historic cases where FCSA have been forced to continue a members membership for legal reasons.
    Last edited by eek; 12 March 2022, 11:35.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I'll believe the FCSA is of some value when Workwell are kicked out for intentionally stealing accrued holiday pay now there is actual evidence. Holiday pay only accrued because JSA / Workwell refused to offer Advanced holiday pay.

The problem the FCSA has is that that is perfectly legal under the FCSA's code of conduct but utterly illegal under employment law - given the more recent Pimlico case. And there has already been historic cases where FCSA have been forced to continue a members membership for legal reasons.
      I know. Tell Chris not me
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        I know. Tell Chris not me
        Hey the FCSA isn't my problem - my viewpoint is that the FCSA is (about to become) an utterly irrelevant dinosaur.
        Last edited by eek; 12 March 2022, 12:24.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X