• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exact Payroll - IT Systems down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exact Payroll - IT Systems down

Not sure if anyone is with Exact Payroll (commiserations if you are: https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbr...ml#post2920187 )but if so, maybe keep an eye out if you have a payday coming up.

I called yesterday morning and was told their IT systems were down for an upgrade, but was assured they would be back by early afternoon.

This morning they are still down. Same story, IT upgrade but will be back today.

Hopefully it really is just an upgrade (although rather silly of them to not do this at weekends/out of hours) but with the current Cyber issues in the industry and the way Parasol et al were not exactly forthcoming with information...it does make one wonder.

These lot are an absolute joke, and I'm on the verge of really falling out with somebody over it.

Comment

They use Merit payroll so I'm at a loss as to why they should have a problem at all given that they use Merit's portal so will be using the cloud version.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        They use Merit payroll so I'm at a loss as to why they should have a problem at all given that they use Merit's portal so will be using the cloud version.
        Because my 5 year old could do a bet of job at running and operating a business.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          These lot are an absolute joke, and I'm on the verge of really falling out with somebody over it.
          They really are. The Head of Payroll left last week. The Head of Compliance also left (they only have 20 people) and so it seems staff are possibly as unhappy as contractors.

You can try to raise an issue, but you will just get ignored. I fully expect to never see the P45 I've requested....and if I do it will likely be wrong!

A slew of negative Google reviews appear to have popped up in the last couple of weeks....time to abandon ship
          Last edited by youngguy; 15 February 2022, 11:23. Reason: Saw Google reviews

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Their Finance Director/CEO told me they didn't use the cloud 4 weeks ago (presume she is referring to a back office system, not the contractor portal?). Maybe this is a migration? If so doing it Monday and not warning contractors is pretty noddy....

Comment

Updating this with info I received direct from Exact.

I won't go into lots of detail as it is their business but the IT outage was apparently an upgrade (them finally moving to the cloud) which took longer than expected.

As for the staff departures (Head of Payroll and a Director) - the words misconduct and gross were used.

I have no payslips and two P45s although I have been told "there is a high probability" what I have is incorrect. I've been told it "will take some time to rectify", whatever that means. I have been told I am not an isolated case either.

I did rant slightly about this joke industry with no regulation/accountability and I was told "We are heavily regulated by HMRC and FCSA". Haha good one.

There are far too many shoddy brollys about. Even the legal ones are often just plain incompetent.

Comment

Working...
              X