• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clarity Umbrella - How many people here use them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarity Umbrella - How many people here use them?

I'm looking for an umbrella company and I know Lucy the owner is on here from Clarity Umbrella.

How many people here use them? I can't find any reviews online (except 2 on google).

Can you use a SIPP via salary sacrifice with them?

Thoughts/Opinions on them would be great

Originally posted by lifek View Post
    I'm looking for an umbrella company and I know Lucy the owner is on here from Clarity Umbrella.

How many people here use them? I can't find any reviews online (except 2 on google).

Can you use a SIPP via salary sacrifice with them?

Thoughts/Opinions on them would be great
    SIPP via Salary Sacrifice isn't a problem.

Oh and there are 5 reviews here Clarity Umbrella Reviews - OffPayroll.org.uk , to understand how good they are look at the reviews of other umbrellas.

And if you can't get through to Lucy at the moment it's because she is doing the 1st of the tax month payroll for people who only wish to be paid once a month.
    Last edited by eek; 7 February 2022, 10:50.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

thanks Eek

Hopefully you will find many comments about us on here, but honestly happy to speak with you in person and talk you through everything if you want

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

SIPP via Salary Sacrifice isn't a problem.
        Can Clarity now pay direct into a SIPP?

It was a while ago that I checked, but at the time Clarity operated NEST. I know you can then transfer out to a SIPP (Danbro do a similar thing) but it can sometimes lead to a bit of a lag and admin overhead.

I have to say Clarity would be my first choice. (Trying to get them on my PSL). Their website is the clearest and most transparent (always has been) and I've spoken to Lucy a few times over the years and she has been most helpful.

She is also active on here and I've no doubt issues would have surfaced here over the years if service was sub par.

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post

Can Clarity now pay direct into a SIPP?
          Yep - or at least most of the SIPP providers I can think of including 1 I would personally avoid.

Comment

It really depends on the SIPP provider tbh, there are still many that we can't work with unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
              It really depends on the SIPP provider tbh, there are still many that we can't work with unfortunately.
              But those SIPP providers are usually a problem for all umbrella firms....

Comment

Hi
                I was hoping for some advise please.
                my husband was a contractor for more than 10 years and sadly was caught up in the HMRC schemes with AML. The hell and stress this brought to us as a family getting a TTP and settlement using WTT was horrendous and pushed him to go permie. He has been permie for a few years now and has recently been talking about contracting again and has been offered a contract. No decision has been made however he seems keen. I am obviously quite anxious after everything historically as it was myself that ended up sorting the HMRC mess in the past…. I found the forum beyond helpful in the past and I gained very helpful contacts that helped in many ways through those difficult years.

Sorry to waffle on but just to explain why I’m on here pestering you all for your insights…

I have heard many of you mention Lucy at Clarity as a genuine and legitimate umbrella. However when I looked on the agents PSL I cannot find Clarity. Is it possible to use our own umbrella and speak to Lucy?

Also the obvious pull to contracting as a family is the £££ but we have our eyes very much open to the pitfalls.

The market from looking online and reading here seems fairly busy??

He has been offered £500 per day inside for initial 6 months however it is a fairly niche client he has worked with previously and the project is likely to be 2 years plus.

Any advise welcomed. Apologises for any ignorance in any of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by permorcontract View Post
                  Hi
                  I have heard many of you mention Lucy at Clarity as a genuine and legitimate umbrella. However when I looked on the agents PSL I cannot find Clarity. Is it possible to use our own umbrella and speak to Lucy?
                  If you give me a shout then I will see if we have had any dealings with the agency, or if I know if there is any scope

Comment

I'm using Clarity currently and find them thoroughly reliable and professional.

Comment

Working...
                    X