• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Constructive Takeaways for those suffering from the Umbrella Outages?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constructive Takeaways for those suffering from the Umbrella Outages?

I'm suffering from Parasolgroup/SJD issues and was wondering what I can actually do positively (other than whine online!)

I've checked all bank accounts and nothing has been taken out (although I can't invoice and may well miss payment). My guess is it's either Denial of Service or Windows ransomware so hopefully my bank accounts don't end up on a Russian PHP forum.

I'm going to create a local spreadsheet of Parasolgroup invoices/payments based on my bank account and mailbox so I check things when they return (and I'm not holding my breath). I've put a Google calendar reminder to change umbrellas when my current contract expires.

Any other suggestions?

I’m with both too, I’ve signed up to the Experian credit alert service, expensive but peace of mind till things have calmed down. Worried about what data they’ve obtained too. Also have alerts set on my banks accounts for any larger amounts (may lower the thresholds).

On the plus side I was still on the famous SJD spreadsheet(!) until moving to FreeAgent in the last couple of months so don’t have to worry about their portal at least.

Check your portal passwords aren’t used elsewhere too...

Comment

Working...
    X