• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brookson/SJD/Nixon Williams down today as well?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noiro View Post

One of their updates on LinkedIn said they would be running payroll with a fixed percentage deduction as they don't have access to systems to calculate it correctly.

I got paid on Saturday after a call from them asking my bank details, and it's a fair bit lower than it should be.

I expect they'll include you in the next payroll run when they're back up and running to correct the amounts.
    Yeah its probably that; annoying as the client was reimbursing a load of travel expenses that I'd forked out over the last 6 months so I've been taxed on that which I shouldn't have been! But makes sense; I have at least seen some emails from actual staff in Brookson today so they're still there!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Just putting it out there if people come here looking for any info.
      SJD's b0xens have been 0wned, i got an email last night from them, how hard their b0xens have been 0wned is not cle4r.

Its a good time for those that have not been hacked to check your companies security patches, keys and certificates.

Further 0wnage is guranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

SJD's b0xens have been 0wned, i got an email last night from them, how hard their b0xens have been 0wned is not cle4r.

Its a good time for those that have not been hacked to check your companies security patches, keys and certificates.

Further 0wnage is guranteed.
        Ah, so your email from them is a grammatically correct as your post.

Got it.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Ah, so your email from them is a grammatically correct as your post.

Got it.
          touche

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...m_hacking.html

SJD and Nixon Williams confirm hacking

Comment

this email just went out from SJD from Optionis.

"Good Afternoon,

As you are aware, Optionis recently experienced a cyber security incident and I want to thank you again for your patience over the past few weeks while we have been investigating the situation. The incident has been contained and we have notified the police and relevant authorities.

Our security team has now detected that some data belonging to Optionis was copied from our system and we believe some of that has been leaked online.

At this stage we have not been able to ascertain the precise nature of the information, however we are investigating this as an absolute priority.

We felt that it was important to let you know about this development and we can assure you that we will inform you as a matter of urgency should we uncover that personal data which is likely to result in a high risk to you has been leaked.

We continue to take this incident extremely seriously and will keep you informed as the situation develops.

To assist us in providing expert security advice we have partnered with Experian, the world’s leading global information services company, and have set up a dedicated helpline should you have any questions on the above.

You can contact Experian on xxxxxxxxxxx Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Yours sincerely,

Doug Crawford
              CEO Optionis"

Comment

Working...
              X