• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Reviews/Recomendadtions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
    I spoke to Paystream this week. They told me that they did not process expenses and these had to be claimed at the end of the contract with HMRC via a P87 form. Other umbrellas have indicated that expenses can be processed and that can include their margin at approx £1000/yr.
    They will pay into a personal SIPP with the major companies at a charge of £5 per week after tax - this is higher than many other umbrellas. They also allow carry-forward of unused pension contributions.
    They don't offer medical insurance cover unlike some other umbrellas.
    Analysis is ongoing.
    Good point for the future - for the current contract its not an issue its 100% home working, it was before lockdown and will continue to be until well past the end of the contract my expenses are pretty much zero as it is anyway with the exception of some software licences which they dont provide and wont going forward because its stuff that I want to use rather than need as Ill need them for other outside IR35 stuff anyway so Ill just buy them through the Ltd company as Im not shutting it down.

Cant think of any expenses that I'd need, but Ill bear this in mind before I sign up

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      But have you checked their pension offerings?
      I did and for that reason Orange Genie are looking like the frontrunners because they will pay it straight into my existing Sipp without any faffing around transferring it between providers.

Comment

Orange Genie.. I am satisfied with their answers. Okay I am going to signup with them this week. Anyone here already with them to use for the referral bonus ?

Comment

I am also considering Danbro. I used their accouncy service and I was quite happy. They seem very responsive now, and they are quite transparent in their illustrations. If I don't like it later on and need to switch, I will probably go for paystream because of referral award and Google reviews are looking good, although some People werent satisfied with their service, but comments in cuk seems bit out of date.

Comment

Working...
          X