• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danbro - cracking pension/childcare scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simes1 View Post
    Thanks for the warning re Danbro.

There's an additional wrinkle I'd not appreciated when I first posted. Some umbrella companies appear to use salary-exchange for pension's deductions (Atlantic and Crystal do not) and when this is the case the ER/EE split appears to be irrelevant as far as tax reduction is concerned as both contributions reduce the ER NI. Danbro appears to be one of these, Contractor Umbrella is another, I can't get a straight answer out of Parasol.

Out of interest what is the ratio between your current Danbro ER and EE contributions? [The income assessment for a means-tested bursary for my son appears to be reduced by ER pension contributions but not EE ones so it may still be relevant for me.]
    ER/EE?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      ER/EE?
      Do you need a translator psychocandy?

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
        Do you need a translator psychocandy?
        Probably do? Whats ER/EE?

diolch yn fawr ;-)
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Probably do? Whats ER/EE?

diolch yn fawr ;-)
          Have you asked your accountant employer?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Have you asked your accountant employer Job Centre Plus Personal Adviser?
              FTFY

Comment

Working...
              X