• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendations / Reviews on Umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New Contractor View Post
    I have used Giant Group and am having a terriable time, between my agency and Giant I dont know where I am .

Constantly paid late with all sort of excuses

I have to pay around 45% of my salary to cover tax, NI, fees, everytime I asked for clarification I get very long emails or instant messages but no clarity. I feel like I am being robbed weekly, I am quite stressed and thinking of leaving the assignment because I can not cope with the poor service.

I am not sure how people are going to cope post April with these companies set up to earn money off your work. Really terriable.
    that's about right, with a brolly PAYE gig.
    as for service, if it's terriable<sic> then switch brollies.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      Its salary sacrifice for the service for some reason. Its taken from Gross, but not sure why. Again, not every agency does this. That's why some people say they charge £4 and its actually £6 gross.

One thing to note is that you will automatically be enrolled into a pension scheme e.g. NEST. Its something like 4% of your rate and the agency(Paystream certainly) will offer to put in 3% themselves. This 3% is also from "your" gross rate.

You will get an email welcoming you to NEST after 12 weeks. At this time you have the option to "opt-out". Its up to individuals if they want to do this, but I am(opting-out) because there's no point contributing to NEST if you have a SIPP imho tyor.
      Strange

For other services Ive always been charged. Didnt think they would be putting this through salary sacrifice.

John

Comment

Originally posted by johnbishop411 View Post
        Strange

For other services Ive always been charged. Didnt think they would be putting this through salary sacrifice.

John
        The Bike?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          The Bike?
          the Bore?

Comment

Don't bother with Giant. I am forced to use them and had problems with my pension payment, it took months to have it paid and then backdated to cover my losses for the Employers Pension. Holiday accrual is under the statutory legal amount as its calculated incorrectly. Holiday pay was denied but then paid. They have changed our agreements 3 times in one year to lower the pension each time to the Qualified Earnings used to protect low income earners (which we are not), and the list goes on. Its one problem after another. Customer support is rubbish. Our client deemed them unsuitable so will see if they get rid of them. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
            X