• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to Contracting, advice on mileage and travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ah bollocks.. Are you in Dublin now? I knew someone was in Dublin....
    Nope, escaped that exactly one year ago. Farnborough now, as LinkedIn reminded all my contacts......

Comment

Ah bollocks.. Are you in Dublin now? I knew someone was in Dublin....
      It's the fastest growing capital city in the world.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        It's the fastest growing capital city in the world.
        And Ireland is the richest country in the World, as it's capital is always Dublin.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Nope, escaped that exactly one year ago. Farnborough now, as LinkedIn reminded all my contacts......
          Ah right, we were over there two weekends ago. We go every year in August without fail so would have been great to meet up. I did mention it in the weekend thread as I couldn't remember who it was. We never get off Temple Bar for three days running so not exactly going to live the life of a vibrant city.

Saying that we were in the Auld Dubliner talking to three guys from the Brazilian football team and Hulk was there but he doesn't speak a word of English. I didn't even know who they were but my mate was a gibbering mess.

Anyway.... what was the topic again?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The S Class would be 06/07 with high mileage.

I take the M60/M56/M6/M42/M40/M25/M23. I think and there is always a lot of traffic, so I get bored really quickly and don't want to get done for speeding!

Yes, I agree the plane journey make take longer, but seems less hassle, I only have hand luggage so I presume I would need to be there approx 30 minutes before flight.

Train journey is good for Manchester to Euston, it only takes about 2 hours, but the rest of the journey takes another 2 hour 30 minutes - minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by niaz7 View Post
              Yes, I agree the plane journey make take longer, but seems less hassle, I only have hand luggage so I presume I would need to be there approx 30 minutes before flight.
              You'll be lucky to get through security at Manchester airport on a Monday morning in that kind of time. Unless you have a priority boarding pass, or rely on just rocking up, saying "my flight goes soon" and hoping they let you jump the queue.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                You'll be lucky to get through security at Manchester airport on a Monday morning in that kind of time. Unless you have a priority boarding pass, or rely on just rocking up, saying "my flight goes soon" and hoping they let you jump the queue.

I want to leave Friday evening and be back on Sunday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by niaz7 View Post
                  The S Class would be 06/07 with high mileage.

I take the M60/M56/M6/M42/M40/M25/M23. I think and there is always a lot of traffic, so I get bored really quickly and don't want to get done for speeding!

Train journey is good for Manchester to Euston, it only takes about 2 hours, but the rest of the journey takes another 2 hour 30 minutes - minimum.
                  Hmm, see your dilemma now. Forget what I said. I would be thinking hard about ways around that one. Why not just get a gig in Manchester
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hmm, see your dilemma now. Forget what I said. I would be thinking hard about ways around that one. Why not just get a gig in Manchester
                    Or London.

I'd suggest a flight from Manchester to Gatwick, but there aren't any. Which airport are you planning to fly to - Gatwick was the only one near the M23 that I could think of.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I sound sad, but this is the job I have waited for and its a long long away. All my previous jobs were no more than 8 miles away.

Besides I much prefer this that getting to Liverpool or Sheffield, getting stuck in traffic for two hours and then being stressed getting into work/coming home.

Comment

Working...
                      X