• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fibre internet questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    What you gonna do with it?
    ebay probably they go for about £80 new

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Virgin is awful!
      HOw so? I know so many people using Virgin and not heard any complaints from them. What's up.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        HOw so? I know so many people using Virgin and not heard any complaints from them. What's up.
        I had it in Bolton after Virgin bought NTL (NTL fine, Virgin crap), we have it here in Aldertulip at the house share, was 30meg cable, I kid you not I've seen it at 40k download according to Speedtest, 4000ms pings, unusable so I tethered my Three phone. Last week it was upgraded to fibre (50mb I think) speedtest just now is saying it's 6meg down, .5 up, World Cup stream on now keeps stopping.

My brother has 120meg Virgin in Bolton (another part of) and he tells me that's unusable around teatime, so much so be borrowed my Draytek to use as a 3G router for such periods.

I understand there's contention but I never seen any issues with BT on that score.

On the other hand BT Infinity has been a total dream for so it's very much a case of YMMV....

Comment

Vodaphone rolling out fibre using electricity poles Vodafone to use electricity poles to roll out Irish fibre network | Reuters
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Just upgraded to the Big Kahuna package on Virgin.

Improvements being, TIVO box, 152Mb broadband and saving £8 a month.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
            X