• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Office for Mac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    You was robbed. Only CHF 2.00 here :

For some reason Airmail won't come up with its App Store receipt in a search, in fact the last App Store receipt it shows is back in December, which ain't right.
    Actually it was £1.49, my bad! There's a beta too but I still think I prefer Apple Mail...

Comment

Office 2011 Pro for Mac and no problems with it.

I use the standard Mac Mail application. Does everything I need.

Only thing missing is a Visio replacement but that's work related and client co laptop has it installed anyway.

Not a dev so no real need for a dual boot or VM to run windows.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        I use the standard Mac Mail application. Does everything I need.
        I keep seeing problem reports with the Mavericks version so thought I'd try something else. Not happy with the discovery in the last few minutes that Airmail doesn't seem to be showing all my mails. problem fixed.

Only thing missing is a Visio replacement but that's work related and client co laptop has it installed anyway.
        What Cojak says for OmniGraffle Pro.

Another useful product from the Omni folks is OmniDiskSweeper. While other apps that tell you where your disk space has gone are prettier, OmniDiskSweeper was the one that really told me where that 150+ GB had gone.

Not a dev so no real need for a dual boot or VM to run windows.
        I haven't needed Windows for quite a long time now, but since I have it, it's parked in a VM (three actually) and kept up to date just in case.

Despite what the marketing blurb from Parallels and VMware would have you believe, Windows isn't the only reason to run VMs. I've got various flavours of Linux in 'em.
        Last edited by Sysman; 23 April 2014, 17:34.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X