• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acrobat Pro 9 scanning help.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acrobat Pro 9 scanning help.

Although not technically gifted, I am not a complete technophobe, but I just can't get my new scanner to work automatically in Adobe and the Espon Scan programme is a pain.

Details -
    Am running Windows 7 and have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro extended version 9.5.5

Did have a Lexmark 1200 all in one, which was automatically recognised in adobe, but it died.

Purchased an Epson 6480D (xp212-213 series) all in one Printer/Scanner/Fax

Scans ok in Epson programme.

When I open Adobe and try to scan I get an error message " Error while interacting with the scanner:the selected scanner was not found"

I removed the Lexmark all in one from the programmes and all the drivers and software for Adobe and the Epson are up to date.

I cannot find where to go to set the scanner as the new Epson one

Can anyone help ?

TAI
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

not sure if this is going to be any help whatsoever

but I have found I need to set this on the printer drectly and not via the software on the PC

Comment

To be honest I can't understand what yr trying to do?

Are you trying to scan from Adobe, or having problems installing yr scanner, or both? If the 1st one, why would you scan a pdf as opposed to print?

If I want to scan a pdf doc which I've created in Adobe Pro, I generally print it, then scan it with my Canon LIDE200...no problem.
      If I want to pdf a scanned doc, I press the 'pdf' button on the scanner - it then scans the doc and saves it in library (Win 7).
      Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        not sure if this is going to be any help whatsoever

but I have found I need to set this on the printer drectly and not via the software on the PC
        Ok,thanks, ill see if I can work out how to try that - it's driving me mad.
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
          To be honest I can't understand what yr trying to do?

Are you trying to scan from Adobe, or having problems installing yr scanner, or both? If the 1st one, why would you scan a pdf as opposed to print?

If I want to scan a pdf doc which I've created in Adobe Pro, I generally print it, then scan it with my Canon LIDE200...no problem.
          If I want to pdf a scanned doc, I press the 'pdf' button on the scanner - it then scans the doc and saves it in library (Win 7).
          I scan all my hard copy documents and save them as PDFs then shred unecessary hard copies.

So I click on Acrobat, and choose " creade PDF from scanner", but it doesn't recognise my scanner

Hope that clarifies.

Comment

Is there any reason in particular you need to scan it in Acrobat? It's not really a scanning program, it's a PDF creation and editing program which probably does a lot more than you need for simply scanning documents. If there is something you need it for, can't you scan them in the scanner software and then edit the PDF in Acrobat?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Is there any reason in particular you need to scan it in Acrobat? It's not really a scanning program, it's a PDF creation and editing program which probably does a lot more than you need for simply scanning documents. If there is something you need it for, can't you scan them in the scanner software and then edit the PDF in Acrobat?
              I just like it
              I create the PDFs then add a sticky with relevant notes and highlight any pertinent bits. I dont want to have to scan then open again in another program to edit ( lazy mare )

I use the Epson Scan software for photos etc, but for docs it is just the most familiar and speedy way for me

Comment

Working...
              X