• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you know a good website hosting company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Are leaseweb any good? They seem to have a very good deal on a 16gb ssd dedicated server. 69euros a month....
    I have a cheap Linux Virtual to test the waters - seems great very well peered and cheaper than uk.

Then again I'm looking at a half-rack colo for Plan B...

Comment

WTMS (What Test Mangler Said), If we had a slight clue what you decided you needed a hosting company for then we could help much better..

For example, if I were to ask "i need advice for a good shop, what do you recommend?" do you think that would get me as good an answer in comparrison to "I need advice for a good hardware shop whereby I can buy reclaimed Oak Wood"

In your case if you are looking to host a simple poster website with no frills and your CV then that differs a huge amount to a scalable website that is essential that is up 24/7, expects to have a lot of traffic, a shopping cart, php/SQL scripts with links to twitter and dropbox and the ability to grant others sub domain website space..

more info needed.

If it helps I also use Hostgator and I have no complaints, but I guess my needs are far different to yours.. but perhaps not..
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Have a look at Vidahost, I host mine with them and have recommended to may others

https://www.vidahost.com/
        +1
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Apologies, the question seemed so ******* dumb I didn't think it could be real.
          :
          Rather than calling a question ******* dumb, why dont you ask for more information in a civil manner or better still refrain from posting.

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
            I am looking to host a domain - anyone know any good hosting company with loads of features?

I am open to options. Thanks guys..
            I've used DiscountASP in the past though moving most of my sites to Azure. Can't fault DiscountASP though and even if you cancel they usually refund for the period not used. If you check out their website you can see all the features they offer along with prices.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Rather than calling a question ******* dumb, why dont you ask for more information in a civil manner or better still refrain from posting.
              Rather than being a cock, why didn't you read the bit where I did ask for more information ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Assuming the chap is not planning to launch a new Tescos, not sure if all these "what do you want it for?" questions are that relevant.

A number of popular hosters like 123reg or Hostpapa can cater for quite a variety of sites, they are not targeted to any specific company size. Lots of tiny companies use them but they provide Gigabytes of free storage They also have all the facilities, PHP5 and other languages, Curl, MySQL, virus protection and lots of free add ins like Wordpress, shop carts etc etc, that most small businesses could ever need.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X