• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Nokia Lumia users/fans here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Nokia Lumia users/fans here?

I have the cheapo 610 (WP7.8) with O2, and I noticed O2 are doing a good deal on the 625 right now. I was considering the 520 as a like-for-like upgrade, but this is a good deal - however I'm not sure I want such a big phone. The 1020 looks lovely but is outside what I want to spend as I work from home and don't use it that much.

So, any comments by those who own[ed] or have at least tried out Lumia phones? I like WP so discussing the merits of iOS/android would be better in a different thread!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

925 here, no problem at all, and the camera is superb, my only gripe you cannot set a static IP for wifi

Wife as 720 and my son the 820 never had a problem with any of them

Comment

I have an 820 which I consider to be my main phone and a 520 which I probably use more than my main phone really (I run every day for a couple of hours and so I don't have to worry if it gets damaged/wet, it is also as you mention light and small)

The 520 is a limited phone though, no flash, no compass, screen is okish, camera is okish and it can struggle sometimes for a couple of seconds to get apps running, twitter being one, one thing that annoys me is the alarm in the morning wont let you switch the off button the screen for 3 or 4 seconds as the thing is working on max power. Also there will be an upgrade to 8.1 in the new year and the 520 will not get the big new features, it already does not have the augmented reality thing going on.

If short 520 is fine for a back up but I think it would be too limited for a main phone. 820 is an excellent phone though

Comment

I have a 920 since June and I'm loving it. Great phone, responsive UI, good build quality, good câmera, and all the apps that I need are there. Some people find it big/bulky (my wife for example) but for me it's all right. The 925 is a thinner version of the 920 and the price is about the same.

Comment

Lumia 625

I have a 625 - screen is not that big - at least for me, I have got used to it at least.

I think the phone is great - I had a WP 7.x before WP8 is better though Nokia lag behind a few weeks in the general MS updates.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I have a Lumia 800 and like it ... although wish it could be upgraded to WP8. Looking forward to the new WP8.1 phones when they are released in the spring as the 800 will be 2.5yrs old at that point and needing an upgrade.

Comment

Sounds like I need to get my hands on maybe a low-end and mid-range WP8 phone, then - I had heard even the 520 was smoother than the 610 I have now but even if that's not an issue for me, the W8.1 upgrade issue is a good point.

Anyone got a non-Nokia WP8 phone? Or not worth looking for?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

8.1 is going to be their all guns blazing release, I think they will push it to look like the windows metro screen and hence encourage acceptance of the tablet/desktop. The screen really should scroll to the side anyway, I think.

I believe the voice operated thing will be the woman from the halo games, I have heard that the 520 will not be getting that ( it will upgrade to 8.1 though) but I read that on the web so could be a pile of tulipe.

Comment

I got the 920 when it came out and its the best smartphone I have ever had. Even after a year I have had absolutely no issues with it and is ever reliable and the battery is still going strong. The Lumia is one of those phones where you wont know how good it is until you have tried other smartphones and then try this one.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I had an 800 but my eyesight is starting to struggle with really small fonts and some of the apps don't zoom so I bought a 625 (larger screen). It's great, it doesn't have the high resolution of the flagship models and the colour depth isn't quite as good as the 800, but for £200 sim free it's fantastic. I like the micro sim slot and the removable cover is a great fit. All the Nokia exclusive apps are available and it has the same gorilla glass as the 800, which never picked up a scratch in 18 months of being carried with my keys.

Downsides: Some live tiles won't update on this model because of the lack of processing power, but I've not missed anything. Apps can be less available than other platforms. Commercial 3rd party apps are there (ok, may be only hundreds of flashlight apps instead of thousands) but things like banking tend to be missing.

Comment

Working...
                    X