• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get IE clear cookies to actually clear cookies???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get IE clear cookies to actually clear cookies???

On internet options I have "Clear cookies on exit" checked. That seems to work for CUK, have to log in each time, but not for many sites.

Even after clicking the Internet delete button, waiting for the complete message, closing IE and reopening, temporary internet files still gets cookies from some sites, although not as bad as before.

Cheers.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 20 November 2013, 14:34.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I see a cookie there for davidicke.com. Will have to watch out for giant lizards.
    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I dunno, but download ccleaner from Piriform for a really thorough clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I dunno, but download ccleaner from Piriform for a really thorough clean up.
        +1
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          On internet options I have "Clear cookies on exit" checked. That seems to work for CUK, have to log in each time, but not for many sites.

Even after clicking the Internet delete button, waiting for the complete message, closing IE and reopening, temporary internet files still gets cookies from some sites, although not as bad as before.

Cheers.
          Google for flash cookies.

Comment

Great CUK answers as usual. Cheers.

It isn't just Flash Cookies that avoid deletion though. I found my own shopping cart was restoring form values after closing and reopening IE until I fixed an error.

PS CCleaner found 1,708,390 KB of temp files for Google Earth!!!

PPS Some of those remaining cookies included gov. stuff, HMRC and Companies House. Then they push laws to prevent companies invading privacy!
            Last edited by xoggoth; 20 November 2013, 21:50.
            bloggoth

Comment

Random bump I know, but battling a third party supplier today and IE has a "Preserve Favorites website data" which needs to be unticked if you want to completely remove everything
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
              X